WindoesXP second edtion..

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
Why?
does this prove that microsoft are just a money Grabbing company?

No, hes quite right M$ are planning a possible realease of just such a beast

Actually its ture, if you come to this site regularly you would know, they did post the news on the news board a few weeks back, you could serch for the news if you want.

stuy_b

Read the latest cpy of the official windowsXP mag,
published by future publishing
i think you will find all you need to know about winXP SE
in there

its about time that a second edition comes on out, I mean there is a ridiculous amount of driver support needed in XP for older devices..

sure, upgrade the o/s to make things nice and new... but dammit, don't expect all users to up and buy new computers just to be able to run xp :) like moi...

besides... the second release is out in shops, when it comes out... but like the service packs for XP, win2k and so on, and windows 98SE, it will basically be a fix of all bugs, perhaps a few good looking little things here and there... and probably win xp owners like us will be able to dl the pathces from the internet...

it'll take forever for dialup users... but do they stille xist ?

:D j/k

iam not sure if iam gong to get the 2nd edtion of XP
having only got my hands on a copy of XP pro from an OEM dealer
for £95
i feel cheated that microsoft have a 2ND edtion out soon

they should at least offer a free upGrade to thoes that have official copys of XP

Originally posted by surge
stuy_b

Read the latest cpy of the official windowsXP mag,
published by future publishing
i think you will find all you need to know about winXP SE
in there

Never Read it/seen it in newsagents (official xpmag).

I knew MS were planning SP1, I didnt know its turned into XPse!

If its like what they did with 98-->98se, then it'll cost about $20 to get the update.

I'll get it when its out, anyway, cost isnt an issue for me.

Originally posted by sazar99
its about time that a second edition comes on out, I mean there is a ridiculous amount of driver support needed in XP for older devices..

sure, upgrade the o/s to make things nice and new... but dammit, don't expect all users to up and buy new computers just to be able to run xp :) like moi...

besides... the second release is out in shops, when it comes out... but like the service packs for XP, win2k and so on, and windows 98SE, it will basically be a fix of all bugs, perhaps a few good looking little things here and there... and probably win xp owners like us will be able to dl the pathces from the internet...

still a dialup person here!!! :(

i dont think its turned into winxp SE
Sp1 is a seprate thing,
it would be totaly dumb of microsoft to make an Xp Se and never to do an SP for XP

because that would meen all win-NT and win2000 users having to buy new versions every time MS make a SP

more likely is sp1 will be the upgrade for existing XP users and xpse will be the shop version.

Thats what i jsut said sheesh cant you read or some thing?

SE is going to mostly to do with the setlement they made in that anti-competative law suit thing, they are going to make things like MP and IE (easily) removable by manufactures so they can put third part stuff in. theres alot of other tings too but thats one of the main reaosns I think. SP1 will just be mainly all the updates done so far plus other fixes with a few minor new things or changes

Originally posted by stuy_b

Never Read it/seen it in newsagents (official xpmag).

I knew MS were planning SP1, I didnt know its turned into XPse!

If its like what they did with 98-->98se, then it'll cost about $20 to get the update.

I'll get it when its out, anyway, cost isnt an issue for me.

Hey Stuy_b lend us a tenner will ya!

i never met anyone who

didn`t have to worry about money before.

Just had to bail Jewelzz out of the lockup so I'm skint for today :(!!!!!!!!!!!! lol --j/king.

Originally posted by sazar99

Yes, sadly they do, I am one *hangs head in shame* but you see its not my fault, I didn' t buy the damn computer. Ooh good news though, might be getting a new one YIPPEE!!! Boss hasn't decided yet though. *fingers crossed*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back