Winamp

N

Not Bman

I'v used Winamp a million times and I like it but does it have the option of burning cds?

I think you pick the "Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in", configure it, etc. etc. and make sure that's what your Output is set on when you deside to burn.

I was under the impression that Winamp5 was supposed to do ripping and burning, but other than what I mentioned, I don't see any new way of burning.
As Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in has been included with Winamp for a long time. But maybe when WA5 Final is released, there may be better CD burning options. Who knows, lol.

Disk Writer just creates .wav files to a hard drive. You can't burn directly from it. I believe there are several 3rd party burner plugins, check www.winamp.com.

JJB

Originally posted by JJB6486
Disk Writer just creates .wav files to a hard drive. You can't burn directly from it. I believe there are several 3rd party burner plugins, check www.winamp.com.

JJB

Oh. I've been usin Winamp for many many years, use it almost 24/7, though I have actually never picked a different output other than "DirectSound Output".
Well hopefully we'll see a cool burner when WA5 Final is released.
Maybe that's what the holdup is then. Cuz the other day, the main Winamp developer said it will still be at least another month till WA5 is released.

I'm still running Winamp 2.because there is this one really leet crossfading plugin that i use to mix, that has not been ported to any other winamp. You can literally set a playlist, and it will auto-crossfade and mix as it goes down the list. Set and forget DJing!

JJB

Originally posted by JJB6486
I'm still running Winamp 2.because there is this one really leet crossfading plugin that i use to mix, that has not been ported to any other winamp. You can literally set a playlist, and it will auto-crossfade and mix as it goes down the list. Set and forget DJing!

JJB

Oh, maybe you're not aware of this then, Winamp5 is really still Winamp 2x. In a way it still should be Winamp 2x, but I guess since Nullsoft decided to go back to 2x and give up on WA3, but as they are almost to version 3 going by numbers, they pretty much needed to change to make way for more updates, lol.
Like the current version of 2x is 2.91, that doesn't give much room till it would run into 3.0.
Anyways, everything is still the same pretty much with Winamp5, and all 2x plugins still work, well all the plugins in WA5 are still 2x plugins, except for a few new ones, that make it Winamp5, like the cd ripper plugin, which was actually introduced with Winamp 2.92, and the Freeform skins plug-in which is new in the leaked WA5 alpha.
Although WA5 is considered alpha, that would really only be the new plugins, as I mentioned it is really 2x still.
So any plugins you have would not be overwritten any differently updating to WA5 than if you were just updating to a newer 2x version.
I always make a backup of the Winamp folder befor any upgrade, so that I can pick and choose different versions of dlls, etc. etc. if need be.
If you are using Winamp 2.91, Winamp5 would be pretty much the same as that. Same default skin, but "Now Playing", CD Ripping", and "Bookmarks" are all new additions to the Media Library. Minibrowser is gone, replace with the "Now Playing".
WA5 is quite cool, really. But as I meantioned, it really should be Winamp 2x still, but oh well, they gotta do what they gotta do, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back