Winamp

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
I wanted to know what player do you use for playing music, CD's and Mp3's.
I use Winamp v2.81 and I wanted to try the new v3.0 but it was to heavy, I just want a player that plays my files is simple and has nice features, what do you think ?

" too heavy " - in what sense ? I find it very useful with MD3 (version2.0) skin

Originally posted by xsivforce
*agrees*

thats only cause he fances himself as a DJ and shoutcast don't work with 3.0 yet so he's stuck, by the way he plays Barry Manilow stuff on shoutcast sometimes.......

we having fun yet ?????

cool.gif

winamp

think he says 'heavy' as the way it skins now makes a littel more demands of system than 2.x did.......
i use both , like both

Have you tried mymp3 pro? made by Steinberg the unadulterated masters of music editing and producing s/w!! There is a free version and an expensive one. It has lots of nice features and lists generes and stuff.

http://www.us.steinberg.net/storemyMP3.html

Remember, you gota try it to love it!!

Used Winamp for more than 3 years, but the interface is way to clunky.
Hate to say it but Media player ( especially version 9) wins hands down ,especially with extra visual downloads

Winamp3 with the MMD3 skin is pretty sweet looking and is quite functional. I also use MusicMatch Jukebox but that doesn't really fill your need for a simple music player. How much different is WMP9 from WMP8 because I don't like the clunky interface of WMP8.

Yer all mad :eek:

Winamp 2.81 is when winamp took away the ability to easily disable the winamp agent and hid it out of view

also this bug effects winamp 2.81 onwards

winamp 2.80 is much better IMHO :D

Download it here
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Winamp/

looks really nice with the Sony skin

foobar200 all the way

foobar2000 is my fav now :D this thing beats winamp in sound quality and very light.
get it here :D
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=SF&f=24

hers some info::

The official Foobar2000 site is now: http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/

Version 0.3 and Foobar2000 SDK are now available!

I want to thank Peter and Case who made this possible.

Foobar2000 is a new compact, fast developing audio player for Windows 2000/XP developed by Peter Pawlowski.
Foobar2000 has a specific emphasis on audio- and technical quality, not on skinning or visuals.

Foobar2000 feature list: (notice: player features constantly updating)

supported formats: MP3, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, FLAC, Ogg FLAC, WAV, MOD (needs foo_mod.dll), SPC (needs foo_spc.dll), Monkey's Audio (needs foo_ape.dll)

32bit floatingpoint audio processing pipeline, with 6dB hard limiter and conversion to 16/24bit (dithered) at the end.

lossy formats (MP3, Vorbis, MPC) are decoded directly to 32bit FP so there's no clipping

transparent rar/zip reading (slow)

full unicode support, new playlist format (m3u8) storing international filenames properly (using UTF-8)

runs *only* on win2k/winxp or newer

builtin SSRC resampler component (DSP)

reads APEv2 tags from MP3 files (id3v2 is not supported and will never be)

fully customizable keyboard shortcuts, including global hotkeys

ReplayGain support

crossfeeder

high quality equalizer

SDK

Foobar2000 site
Foobar2000 forum

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back