Winamp

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok i have posted this befor and i thought that i fixed it, when ever i play songs in winamp it skips in the MP3, people ahve said that it was the MP3 itself and i thought that i fixed it but it still happens, i have moved the MP3's to my laptop and they dont skip so it is my computer, i did a drfrag and it did not fox it, the same things happens in everything except for play center, but i dont like play center for other reasons. and i dont think it is a heat problem becasue my system runs at 20 c and the chip i at 20 c. does anyone know how i can fix this???????

specs are:
amd athlon 1ghz
896md sdram
30gb 5400rpm (main)
40gb 5400rpm (storage, mp3's)
gforce 2 mx200 64
creative audigty x gamer

it skip all the time or just sometimes? and which version of winamp u got there?

if it skips only sometimes it might be because of not enough resources, when system being overloaded with some other crap. or maybe it has something to do with settings in winamp go to winmaps preference then plug-ins and look around your input and output windows

i had the same problem with the soundblaster live 5.1 card. what it turned out to be was conflicting drivers between a controller, modem, old soundcard, and gaming port. i was able to fix this in some programs by setting them to use directsound instead of waveout. finally all my problems were solved when creative sent me my disc with the 98 drivers so i could take off the xp drivers. (yes i run 98 and i installed the xp drivers. it was all i had so i kinda had to.) if you call creative they will tell you that it is the timing on the pci slots so give that a try too if you want. hope this helps. :D

ok i am testing it now that i did the direct output thing,

i am using winamp 2.80, and it skipped all of the times on all of the songs

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back