Winamp

R

redrogue14

Does winamp have to ability to extract audio from CD's and convert them to mp3??

Stealth

Not that I know of........but maybe sometime in the future hey.....email them and recomend it :D

you think they have a plugin for winamp then i can put in the folder and then extract to mp3 help me find it people thanks!

stealth

Donno....search there website and find out! :)

Cant find CDROM

ok ive downled two programs already cdex and extract audio copy and none of them is finding any of my dvd rom drive or cdrw drive what do i do??? whats the problem?! my music cd is in there all ready and it wont find any devices what do i do? please help me!!! thanks!

stealth

aspi

where can i get the aspi layer what do i need exactly to make this work. name all the things i need!

stealth

ExactAudioCopy here...it's nice :)

ASPI...I think you need the drivers for XP...do a search for "ASPI+XP" and you should find them...I think they are even on this site...

help!

ok but where here and can someone please give me a site! please! AND WHY ISNT MY DVD AND CD ROM DRIVE BEING FOUND ON CDEX OR EXTRACT AUDIO WHATEVER!! HELP!! EVERYTHING IS OK MUSIC CD IS IN THERE ALREADY EVERYTHING INSTALLED PLUGGED IN RIGHT! WHATS WRONG!!!??

BYRAN::mad:

CDex any good ?

Been using EAC and found it to rip my cds very slowly...
Like the VBR encoding option.. used to be a l33t audiocatalyst kiddie.

audiocatalyst is by far the best mp3 ripper ive ever used.

i installed ASPI layer and had to use the aspi fix for 2k/xp but its sound now an works fine :)

Originally posted by jonocainuk
audiocatalyst is by far the best mp3 ripper ive ever used.

ignorance is bliss =)

Audiocatalyst uses non-standard VBR. LAME however uses the correct method of coding in VBR. You'll notice you'll have screwed song lengths in winamp for songs encoded in VBR with AudioCatalyst.

EP: EAC is slower because its doing a 1:1 copy of the song rather than a half assed attempt that AudioCatalyst does. Choose speed over quality in the EAC wizard instead, should boost your speed but may reduce your sound quality.

EAC + LAME = Awesome MP3's (r3mix 4ever =)

Any comments on Audiograbber? I use it + the Lame encoder. It usually does a good job. I haven't tried the others yet but as soon as I get home I will download.

Hax

Yeah, guess it could have been faster, wwas trying to rip from a highly scratched cd ;)

VBR confuses the hell out of winamp2 tho! - Used to think it was a corrupt mp3 - lol

Originally posted by mbunny

You'll notice you'll have screwed song lengths in winamp for songs encoded in VBR with AudioCatalyst.

nope... i think you were doin somethin wrong cuz it works jus fine for me :)

I just don't understand how people would "pay" for a crap ripper when they can get an exceptional ripper/encoder for free.

How do you encode VBR wrongly in AudioCatalyst???

You select either a fixed bitrate or VBR(i haven't used AudioCatalyst in about 2-3 years now)

EAC + LAME cannot be beaten.

if it's not encoded in LAME it ain't good.

It's the songs that LAME reject that makes LAME the best.

Is LAME is good =)

excuse me as i make more propoganda posters advocating mozilla and LAME and EAC.

Mozilla owns all browsers =)

mozilla-banner.gif

OH YEAH! :D :D :D

well goin to the original question....

there is a plugin for winamp that will directly encode ANY file (hence cds also) to mp3 using LAME encoder, BUT don't ask me for the name nor a place to get it all i know is that i found it on www.winamp.com but i can't remember the name sorry.

and Audiograbber+`lame is nice but you have to pay

so i agree very much with all of you there is no way i would change my EAC+LAME combo for anything yet.

nIabI

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back