Winamp Update script - I need a name for it and YOU to test it!

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have created a PHP script that works with Winamp and the DoSomething plugin, this script outputs a file that not only shows the song you are playing, but also information about the OS, browser, IP-address and ISP of the user viewing the file. Kinda like the Danasoft signature, but more basic and with support for .co.*, .org.* and .net.* ISP's (the Danasoft signature showed co.uk as your ISP if you lived in the UK. My signature shows ISP.co.uk). Users can also register and alter the text of the signature. I just want to test it out and hear complaints or suggestions, if you have any.

This all sounds very nice, but I also need to think of a name for my little project. I have absolutely no idea, that's why I want to hear suggestions.

You can see the script in action in my signature. You can also sign up here:
http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/browser/sign.php
and here is the user control panel for custom signatures:
http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/browser/user.php
If you don't want to use the Winamp feature, you can also use my sig, but then without the 'song' line. Just link it to http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/browser/index.php

There are some bugs that I know of at the moment: usernames, passwords and songs cannot contain any ' (single quotes), If it is in a username or password, you cannot sign in properly and if it is in the song, the song isn't updated.

One more thing: This signature/service is hosted on my home-server, which is not always on. So if you can't reach the page, just try it again later. But, for this event, I shall leave the computer on all night, which means that the service will be available for at least 24 hours from now.

I hope you'll like my service and point out any bugs, rareties or suggestions.

The OS, browser and IP part were built by j79zlr. A big thanks goes out to him!

Pretty cool, but that DoSomething plugin has always given me hassle :(

Oh? In what way, the DoSomething plugin always worked fine for me.

it never outputted the song names. even to a local .html

You need to be sure you use %%URL_CURRENTSONG%% (note the double %%) in the URL you are submitting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back