Winamp songviewer thingy script

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
UPDATE!
all new registrations go to http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/songviewer to register!

I hope you'll like it and please give feedback.

One more note: Thanks to j79zlr for the OS and browser part of the script.

One more note #2: You can use any music player you want, as long as there is a capability for it to submit URLs.

I'll look into getting an AppleScript to work with iTunes for it. :)

I am gonna have something to eat and then install this :)

I am working on a new interface for script updates etc. I did make a slight adjustment to the backend, it now logs your IP everytime you update a song. This for security purposes.

Could end up taking a lot of space (relative space, not gigs and gigs obviously :p) though.

What do you mean? When a song is updated, it replaces the previous record, so every user only uses one record.

No good, I still can't get dosomething working properly with Winamp5

That is really strange, Winamp 5 + DoSomething (downloadable from my site) work fine here. Could you tell me how you set it up? What version of DoSomething do you use

Glaanieboy said:
What do you mean? When a song is updated, it replaces the previous record, so every user only uses one record.
Ah, thought you where going to keep a huge list for each user.

No, I done that in the past just for myself, but I ended up having a giant cluttered database. I have learnt my lesson.

It says I can't login because of a wrong username/or password, and I am pretty sure I am using correct login details.

I have the latest version of Winamp5 and the version of dosomething from your site. It won't even generated the temporary html file :(

This is my configuration for DoSomething:
Code:
[Do Something]
Action0=Submit A URL
URL0=http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/browser/update.php?user=<YourUsername>&pass=<YourPassword>&song=%%URL_CURRENTSONG%%
NumActions=1
bDisabled=FALSE
bShowStatus=FALSE
bEnableErrors=FALSE
bGatherID3Info=TRUE
bDisableWinampStopped=FALSE
g_TimedTrigger=0
(change <YourUsername> and <YourPassword> of course ;))
You need to copy this in the plugin.ini file in the 'plugins' directory.

According to my database, your song has been updated (Megamind - Taub (Picotto Remix)) :confused: So I guess it worked.
Here is the image filename you need to use:
Code:
http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/browser/index.php?user=electronicpunk
index.php

edit: See? ^^^ It works.

Yes, for some reason WindowBlinds (?!?!?) was causing problems.
I am working on a way of adding it to the top right image in my signature now ;)

I'm waiting for such a plugin for the Windows version of iTunes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back