Winamp songviewer thingy script

well it does display it - it is a very minimal player (that's actually what I like about it!) but it floats up one of those bubbles on the task bar when the track changes and has lot of options, I just cannot find a place to get the track as a URL - thanks for fast reply, but I'm not sure what the question is being totally winamp ignorant [edit] hey - Glaanie must have deleted his message! this was meant to be a reply to it, sorry if it looks dumb now![/edit]

Unless you can find an URL submitting plugin for foobar, you can switch to Winamp, yes. As I said on my website, you don't need Winamp for it, you can use any URL submitting capable player for it. I only named it Winamp Songviewer, because I only give support for Winamp with the DoSomething plugin. Other players can be used with my script, but you'll have to find out for yourself how to set it up.

I have looked around a bit, but it seems that there is no plugin for foobar which can submit URLs. I will continue to search, though.

Glaanieboy said:
I have looked around a bit, but it seems that there is no plugin for foobar which can submit URLs. I will continue to search, though.
thanks a lot for looking - foobar does have scripting capabilities for itself, but I think the plug-in's the thing. I've tried registering at the foobar site to ask about a plug in but am staill waiting confirmation to sign in. Maybe someone here has/has written a plug in? I'd surely like on as I'm fond of the player and, from what I remember, it had a few folks here using it too last year.

Anyway - if anyone here has/knows of what I seek please post, TY.

would this plug in be of any use?

Glaanieboy said:
I just found this which could be put into foober to write URL format out to a file at track change, would that work or does it have to do more than that to "submit" the URL? I know I'm being dumb (probably) but hey, I'm trying to learn here!

Mainframeguy said:
I just found this which could be put into foober to write URL format out to a file at track change, would that work or does it have to do more than that to "submit" the URL? I know I'm being dumb (probably) but hey, I'm trying to learn here!
Hmm, that plugin can only write to a textfile and not to an URL. Sorry. I did found some websites saying something about a Winamp plugin emulator, but I haven't found a link were I can download it. I don't even know for sure if it's real.

OK I have it on now!

I capitulated to winamp :( for the moment...

yet when I edit my sig it only shows up on preview... as you can see (not!).
[edit] cool on DB3 the sig changes and is tagged to the post it seems[edit]

Also if I try editting on your page it keeps telling me I need a project dolphin number, yet I thought I was Mainframeguy there as well - or did they give me a number .... goes to check (thinking, I am not a number, I am not a number)

Glaanieboy the "Your ISP is: " part doesnt seem to deal properly with sld.tld versions as its reading mine as ac.uk while I am at Uni though it should be hull.ac.uk you might want to add a test for the presence of an sld as most of them are one of ac,co,net,ltd,plc or pol or something like that

Geffy said:
Glaanieboy the "Your ISP is: " part doesnt seem to deal properly with sld.tld versions as its reading mine as ac.uk while I am at Uni though it should be hull.ac.uk you might want to add a test for the presence of an sld as most of them are one of ac,co,net,ltd,plc or pol or something like that
Yeah, I already have that, but currently only for com, net and co. I will add these to the list, one sec...

Mainframeguy said:
I capitulated to winamp :( for the moment...

yet when I edit my sig it only shows up on preview... as you can see (not!).
[edit] cool on DB3 the sig changes and is tagged to the post it seems[edit]

Also if I try editting on your page it keeps telling me I need a project dolphin number, yet I thought I was Mainframeguy there as well - or did they give me a number .... goes to check (thinking, I am not a number, I am not a number)
That PD thing is a bug, I will repair that in a moment.

MFG: pd thingie fixed.

Geffy: host thingie almost solved, currently awaiting answer to question on these forums. (Coding and Design)

MFG: pd thingie fixed. [/QUOTE said:
r u sure? It seems to do something and come back with zero, but is it meant to take my id and work? I'm a bit confused - quite happy to take this out of forums on PM BTW

If it is at 0, that means that you didn't have a PD ID number filled in. I can imagine this can be confusing, so I will set it to empty, when you don't use the PD ID.

Done. BTW, I am currently recoding the User Panel (I am getting rid of the frames), so that the screen will be better organized.

Glaanieboy said:
Done. BTW, I am currently recoding the User Panel (I am getting rid of the frames), so that the screen will be better organized.
OK - I noticed it's blank - it wasn't the zero it was the need for a number that confused me - I have now updated my number your end having located it grugingly from dolphinarium - didn't seem to update, but maybe I need to pulse so going to do that after these keystrokes... OK yes it works now I found my number - any chance you could show our team ranking? It might encourage us to compete for the number one slot and help the team get back up there! ;) Only joking really - this is something even more meaningless than post counts!

Unfortunately teamranks are not supported with the script Project Dolphin provides. Maybe in the future, but not now.
The Project Dolphin stats are updated every hour (meaning that if someone requests the signature (and thus PD data) and the last request was less than one hour ago, the data isn't updated, but instead is fetched from my local database. Otherwise it will fetch the data from the PD server, put the data in the local database and reset the timer), so that stats may be out just a little. This is done to prevent excessive use of the PD server, GeniusDex (the current administrator of PD) requested this.

Foobar plug in

Glaanieboy said:

I think I have found this which I am hoping will do the job - I'll post my findings here in an edit if it works! So hopefully no need to look further and foobar fans can also take advantage of you excellent service (you ever thought of passing your info on to the record companies? I bet they'd be interested!)

[EDIT] It's looking more complex than I expected, plus I'm whacked at the moment, so this may take some time! Anyone else using foobar who could assist it would be appreciated![/EDIT]

The foobar plugin you found needs another component to work with URLs, curl (see attached file). Then open up the config dialog for AMIP (in foobar) and fill in the lower textfield:
Code:
/exec:(c:\path\to\curl.exe) -G -d "user=<Your Username>&pass=<Your Password>&song=&func_ue(%name)" [url]http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/songviewer/update.php[/url]
change C:\path\to to the directory where you extracted the curl.exe file and change <Your Username> and <Your Password> to the username and password you used to subscribe for my script. That should do it. I have tested it on a computer at work and it worked, if you have any problems, questions, let me know.

Attachments

• curl-7.11.0-win32-nossl.zip
    181 KB · Views: 40

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back