Winamp or WMP?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hey, Just wondering. What do you guys like the best? Winamp? WMP? (Windows Media player, lets talk about v. 9 only though)

I personally like Winamp for my downloaded mp3's and such. WMP is better when I rid an album because of the design of it. It sucks for MP3's that I've downloaded though.

What do you think?

How does it suck for downloads? Did you set it up to scan your download folder for music to add to the playlist? I use WMP9 for everything but cd burning. I love it.

I also like media player9 over winamp....thats just my choice:huh:

Winamp for audio, the playlists are just easier to manage, and WMP for video, which isn't very often, but it does a good job of playing them :)

WMP9 for both audio/video.
I also use the DFX plugin ... sounds infinitely better :)

winamp for everything .... wmp only when I have to ..

Winamp (versions 2.8x or 2.9x, version 3 sucks and is bloated) is far superior to WMP. Especially for audio. Version 2.9 now supports video, too.

Even better for audio is a cool little program called Foobar 2000. Very small with a extremely small memory footprint, and designed for audiophiles (programmed by a former winamp developer).

winamp 2.9x

I just like it much much better. Smaller footprint, easier to use, better features...

Re: WMP

Originally posted by wessleym
Windows Media Player is the best in every way! It's visualizations especially rock! Winamp's visualizations suck the heck out of your resources, and they still don't look good.

just your personal opinion .. :eek:

WinAMP v2.91 for MP3s, WMP9 for movies, that way I don't have to reload my previous playlist, after downloading a movie.
Stop watch close play

Originally posted by Goatman
winamp 2.9x

I just like it much much better. Smaller footprint, easier to use, better features...

Amen, I use it for audio/video; very nice player just steer clear of 3.x.

There should be an Other button.
I prefer winamp over WMP9 anyday of the week! Uses less resources very managable and not MS pro DMCA B$ application. Sure the screen effects are cooler etc. but why would you have winamp if your not using it as a background sound program while doing E-mail,Web Browsing, playing some games, etc. ?
If all I want is a Cool Screensaver with music then WMP8 is where it's at.

For my recording, burning, encoding I use Music Match Jukebox Pro. It's the best all around program I make my MP3 CD's with it and they work wonderfully. Why would I buy all these plug-ins to get a good WMP when I've already got MMJB.

Just my 2 cp worth.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Winamp for audio, the playlists are just easier to manage, and WMP for video, which isn't very often, but it does a good job of playing them :)

ditto here.
Though I actually like WMP over Winamp as it comes to soundquality, but when I run WMP on my system, it takes up to 40% of my CPU time, then my system is really slow when I am surfing the net or when I use UnrealEd 2.0.

Winamp 2.x > WMP 8 > WMP 9 > Winamp 3

Winamp for playlists, WMP for listening to an individual mp3 while viewing them through explorer. WMP for video also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back