Winamp HTML Playlist

H

Hematic

This is probbably dumb i know, but where the heck does WINAMP 5 put the HTML playlist when it is generated. I cant find it anywhere.......

M8 - if you generate it ... just go to file --> Save As... then save it where-ever you want on your drives ;)

Hmm i am beginning to believe either i am remarkably more dumb than i had previously thought, or i wasnt clear, or both.

I load my playlist, i click "MISC" then "MISC Options", then "Generate HTML Playlist" and nothing happens, it does not say "completed" nor does it ask me what to name it or where to save it.

I dont see a "File" menu, much less a "save as" on my skin, the default one. Maybe i am blind, i will keep looking, in the mean time i could use some assistance.

Maybe v5 doesn't have the HTML playlist feature yet? (wouldn't know, I un-installed it, I'm Winamp freeee weeeee :D :p )

OK - do you have a popup stopper?

If so, disable it then click generate blah blah blah, it should open an IE or default browser and then you see it, then you save it from there!

I found this page looking for the same answer

I have found the file in...

C:\Documents and settings\myUsername\Local Settings\Temp\WHT15.tmp.html

It may not be WHT15 for you, but still, that's where it'll be

Hopefully this is of some use to you

[edit] ahh... just noticed how old your post is... oops[/edit]

Heh, no worries, someone else may stumble across the post looking for the answer :)

herakles said:
I found this page looking for the same answer

I have found the file in...

C:\Documents and settings\myUsername\Local Settings\Temp\WHT15.tmp.html

It may not be WHT15 for you, but still, that's where it'll be

Hopefully this is of some use to you

[edit] ahh... just noticed how old your post is... oops[/edit]
SPeedY_B said:
Heh, no worries, someone else may stumble across the post looking for the answer :)
I just signed up for this forum, which I have NEVER heard of before, just to post up one message here. Okay, let me explain.

For over a year, I have been unable to generate HTML playlists with my Winamp, and I have tried to do so on versions 2, 3, and 5. I couldn't find out what the problem was, even after asking large amounts of people on forums such as Winamp.com's own support forums. Every once in a while when I really need a playlist, I would go on Google.com to look for answers. Every single time before today, I would close my Google.com search results and forum topics without solutions, and then borrow a friend's computer to generate the HTML playlist.

Wow, thanks SO MUCH for the solution, herakles. You have no idea how grateful I am. I have spent literally hours trying to generate a HTML playlist on my computer. I have formatted my computer just so that I could get that to work. I have downloaded other mp3-playing programs so that I could generate HTML playlists. This is the ONLY solution I have found. Thanks so much for the help =)

-=MaStA ViC

Edit: Oh wow, herakles only has one post and it's to write the solution in this thread. Looks like he/she signed up to this forum just to help. Thank you!!

:D

solutions from the grave...

anything helps :)

:cool:

welcome herakles and mastavic :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back