Winamp and CDDB?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Ok, I don't get music CD's all that often anymore cause I just haven't had the money to buy any. My friend burnt Linkin Park - Reanimation for me, but the thing is though that Winamp isn't able to pick up any of the songs on the list. Whenever I try, it keeps telling me that CDDB is not installed. I am using Winamp 2.81 {Sheer preferance} and CDDB works on Windows Media Player, and probably Music Match Jukebox when I install it.

Can someone please tell me how I can get CDDB supposedly installed with Winamp?

cddb stopped the free services, instead you have to pay for it. You can now use freedb.freedb.org (you can set it with the Winamp options. Not sure where, since I don't use Winamp)

I dunno, that looks a bit too advanced for me, and I'm no n00b at computers either. I was looking it over and I can't tell if I either reflect Winamp to a server, or download something and reflect Winamp towards that. Having this headache doesn't help either though.

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
cddb stopped the free services, instead you have to pay for it. You can now use freedb.freedb.org (you can set it with the Winamp options. Not sure where, since I don't use Winamp)

I refuse to use WinAmp3 but WinAmp 2.81 and QCD both use CDDB powered by Gracenote. For QCD I made a username with a throwaway email and that was it. No payment required. I haven't used WinAmp 2.81 in awhile, though.

Originally posted by enonemoose
I refuse to use WinAmp3 but WinAmp 2.81 and QCD both use CDDB powered by Gracenote. For QCD I made a username with a throwaway email and that was it. No payment required. I haven't used WinAmp 2.81 in awhile, though.

I looked at WinAmp 2.81 and no, the CDDB doesn't work :( but it does for QCD. I'm assuming the plugin is outdated [and won't be updated because WinAmp 2.x is essentially dead, unfortunately]. Sorry but looks like you are stuck.

just disable cddb in winamp and you'll be fine !:blink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back