Winamp alternative suggestions???

synical33

X2 & Lovin' It
Morning guys, i was wondering if you guys have any suggestions to alternatives to Winamp because Winamp is slowly starting to lose its touch and a variety of other things (now that hackers and what have you can get into your system thru Winamp nowadays). Well i was just wondering if any of you know of any good players that are somewhat comparable to Winamp. Any suggestions appreciated thanx lots peepz.

Windows Media Player is starting to become a feasible solution.
10 is much better than 9.

I still like Winamp5 tho really, but I need my Zen synced so have to use WMP10 more and more - it's alright.

There is no alternative. Although some may say that foobar is a good one, personally I don't like it .. Now if it had a better sound quality then maybe I would ..

I didn't think there was an alternative, I loved Winamp so much, but I kept getting problems, and someone suggested Foobar2000 to me... I didn't like it at first, but now I would never swap. It's far more flexible, still in development and has a huge user base.
Seriously, worth a try.

If you're worried about security then WMP10 probably isn't a wise choice either.

I haven't used anything to compete with iTunes on my system

Quintessential Player was the only player I've found that might come close to Winamp for me. For now I don't use any player, I play all my music from my Zen Touch.

Personally I use foobar2000 - given me cleaner, crisper sound than winamp, doesnt eat cpu like winamp, doesnt eat gpu like winamp, doesn't let you spam mirc with shoutcast stream titles like winamp :D

So yeah good player without the fluff really. Plays every audio format you can think of and then some.

foobar2000 gets the job done for me. For those who love visualizations, G-Force will be working with foobar soon.

rotjong

SPeedY_B said:
Good post.
smile.gif

I'd suggest trying them all (or at least visiting the sites and reading about them) and deciding which one you personally like the best. Each person has his/her preferences, and what may be best for one may not be the best for someone else.

Indeed, that's exactly it. When it comes to software as a generalisation, everyone has their own preferences, and for their own reason. So I'd definitely recommend giving each one a try, and then settling on the one you feel at home with :)

Foobar2000 - you can only resist so long and then it becomes like an appendage you can't live without.

Dosen't Itunes use the WMP backbone ??? or is it Quicktime ??

@Johnny: Quicktime.

Still using Winamp here, and Media Player Classic for all my video.

dreamliner77 said:
Foobar2000 - you can only resist so long and then it becomes like an appendage you can't live without.

true. i used foobar out of curiosity from readin this thread (been a winamp/itunes user for years) and i have already uninstalled WA.... it's awesome to be free of the CPU gobbling skin

I use my Winamp with the classic skin, usage is less than 1.5mb minimized and less than 2mb open.

Library, Video Support, Visualization and Agent have been removed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back