Winamp 5.21 Released

lkyng

OSNN Addict
Winamp 5.21

Winamp 5.21 Full emusic plus

Winamp 5.21 Pro (asks for key during install)

Winamp 5.21 Lite

Whats new:
* New: [jnetlib] HTTP compression support
* Improved: [installer] multi-user profile migration
* Fixed: [ml_wire] memory leak
* Fixed: [pmp_p4s] DRMclien.dll error
* Fixed: [gen_ff] skin info display in preferences
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Wordwrap disabled in Info Editor Comments field
* Fixed: [in_wm] Minor bug fixes
* Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts don't work from video window
* Fixed: [in_vorbis] No Artist metadata in stream titles
* Fixed: [in_dshow] floating point audio
* Fixed: ml_ipod and pmp_ipod conflict
* Updated: Coding Technology AAC+ Decoder 7.2.5

Winamp guys are really ontop of their bug fixes these days. Not so great in the past................. I like Winamp5, lots of people like 2 and 3 more. But why!?

Bman™ said:
Will Winamp update by itself?
No, when you open Winamp I believe it will prompt you to upgrade. That is of course, unless you have check for updates disabled.

I have the enabled, but Winamp has not asked me to update.

Bman™ said:
say what?
Your version of Winamp (5.2) has become self-aware, feels angst towards death (updating the version) and has neglected to tell you there is an update.

haha..

GEN3RIC said:
Winamp guys are really ontop of their bug fixes these days. Not so great in the past................. I like Winamp5, lots of people like 2 and 3 more. But why!?

Because winamp5 IS winamp2.91 with a whole bunch of additional plugins. You don't need to delete plugins, you can just uncheck them when you install it.

Or if you bothered to search the forums you would have found the url to all old versions of winamp.

Winamp Forum

& Here

Winamp3 was a separate product entirely, built from scratch on the wasabi platform. There is no connection between Winamp (2.x / 5.x) and Winamp3, except for the fact that Winamp 5 supports Winamp3 freeform skins (now known as Modern Skins) via a plugin (gen_ff.dll).

Winamp 5.01 is the latest version of Winamp (2.9x)
Winamp 5.0 was the direct upgrade from and continuation of the Winamp 2.9x product.

The FULL version of Winamp 5 is FREE.
If you don't want support for CD Burning/Ripping and Modern Skin Support,
uncheck these features (and any others) during installation setup.

When run in classic skin mode, Winamp 5 looks & performs exactly the same as Winamp 2.91, except with a few bug fixes and improved/enhanced functionality, and is the equivalent of having, say, a Winamp 2.99 installed.

The classic 2.91 base skin is still the default base skin in 5.x
The 'modern' skin is just a skin, whereas the classic skin is built-in.

However, if you want to use an old, buggy, non-supported version, then fine...
Take yourself to any of these sites and be done with it.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back