• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WinAmp 3

A

anewhope

Just downloaded and installed Winamp 3 on my PC, and I think it's great, personally, the addition of the cross fader and the transparency have finished off a near perfect application. Doesn't take to many resources and looks good and works well.

What does everyone else think of it?

M

mafiafromrussia

there was a discussion about it not that long ago, so if u do a search u'l find it. and i think winamp 3 is not that great. no jump to song shortcut, some other problems, also why do they need that video thing at all?

A

anewhope

I can see it heading down the same path as Real Player, I shudder to think what it could end up like if they get all commercial..

M

mafiafromrussia

well i still use my 2.8 version. i like it more, i might use 3 later on when they fix all those bugs. and if they get all commercial, we can always switch to non commercial players

S

seeme

actually, there IS a song jump command. dont forget that Winamp 3 has been completely rewritten from ground up. to song jump press F3. read the documentation before you criticize something you have little exprerience with!

M

mafiafromrussia

ok i have tryed that F3, but it doesnt jump to anything, like in 2 if u press "j" u get "jimp to file" window. i cant get to that in 3.

S

seeme

It does work! It just works differently. when you press F3, instead of a box popping up, a side box opens in the playlist. You type the song down at the bottom of the playlist.

It works just as well, its just a different way of doing things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis