Winamp 3 . Final version ?

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Tried it ? Mad version reminds me some crashes , that's why I'm askin' .. :)

Did you download it from the front page here? I have it and it's pretty stable, should be build #488.

:cool:

Works great , thanks a lot . A little question : where I can download some good lookin' skins for it ?

Nullsoft should update their pages later on tonight.

I have had no issues with WinAmp 3 atm (not even the equaliser problem catch has) Hasn't crashed yet. And to top it off i found a great Skin for it already =)

http://www.deskmod.com/?show=showcat&cat_name=winamp3

Try there for skins... may i recommend Chronabie... The miniplayer skin is great and lots of colour choices if you don't like the default yellow =)

Make sure you get a skin that works with WinAmp 3 Final... Old skins tend to crash winamp. (Chronabie works great)

use QCD
Winamp is nice but QCD has a better sound IMO

Right... a program that makes the mp3's sound better???

they have their own proprietry mp3 decoder so that it sounds better??

not quite... =P

The Mp3's themselves determine if it sounds nice or not.

i'm not talking about the quality...
the sound seems fuller than in win 2.x or 3.x

Its the first application to be released on the wasabi platform so it is gonna have some issues...

During the beta stages there was a really cool skin called CornerAmp, doesn't work at the moment tho :S

I can cheat and tell you exactly how Nullsoft describe it

Wasabi is a completely configurable system for building skinnable applications, quickly and easily. It is written in C++ with some assembly code for optimizations.
These are the major points of functionality:
- a system of interrelated components providing new functionality
o can introduce whatever new compiled code is required
o lots of code in the SDK
- a completely configurable skinnable user interface system
o layout system
o scripting system
- portability
o SDK code hides the OS
o Skins and scripts 100% portable with no recompilation

Originally posted by mbunny
I have had no issues with WinAmp 3 atm (not even the equaliser problem catch has) Hasn't crashed yet. And to top it off i found a great Skin for it already =)

http://www.deskmod.com/?show=showcat&cat_name=winamp3

Try there for skins... may i recommend Chronabie... The miniplayer skin is great and lots of colour choices if you don't like the default yellow =)

Make sure you get a skin that works with WinAmp 3 Final... Old skins tend to crash winamp. (Chronabie works great)

Yea but some skins take out much more resources :rolleyes:

or you could use ATI Media Center if you are special enouygh to have it, b/c it will open any file known to man and uses almost 0 RAM

Winamp 3 just plain sux it has no visualization support so kiss the almighty god of digital hallucinations geiss goodbye no dsp plugin support that i can find and little cutomizabilty (no file icons selection ... the mini viz sux now) i mean wtf r these guys doin in there OTHER than whipping some llamas ass?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back