Winamp 3 . Final version ?

M

mbunny

I have had no issues with WinAmp 3 atm (not even the equaliser problem catch has) Hasn't crashed yet. And to top it off i found a great Skin for it already =)

http://www.deskmod.com/?show=showcat&cat_name=winamp3

Try there for skins... may i recommend Chronabie... The miniplayer skin is great and lots of colour choices if you don't like the default yellow =)

Make sure you get a skin that works with WinAmp 3 Final... Old skins tend to crash winamp. (Chronabie works great)

M

mbunny

Right... a program that makes the mp3's sound better???

they have their own proprietry mp3 decoder so that it sounds better??

not quite... =P

The Mp3's themselves determine if it sounds nice or not.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Its the first application to be released on the wasabi platform so it is gonna have some issues...

During the beta stages there was a really cool skin called CornerAmp, doesn't work at the moment tho :S

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I can cheat and tell you exactly how Nullsoft describe it

Wasabi is a completely configurable system for building skinnable applications, quickly and easily. It is written in C++ with some assembly code for optimizations.
These are the major points of functionality:
- a system of interrelated components providing new functionality
o can introduce whatever new compiled code is required
o lots of code in the SDK
- a completely configurable skinnable user interface system
o layout system
o scripting system
- portability
o SDK code hides the OS
o Skins and scripts 100% portable with no recompilation

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Originally posted by mbunny
I have had no issues with WinAmp 3 atm (not even the equaliser problem catch has) Hasn't crashed yet. And to top it off i found a great Skin for it already =)

http://www.deskmod.com/?show=showcat&cat_name=winamp3

Try there for skins... may i recommend Chronabie... The miniplayer skin is great and lots of colour choices if you don't like the default yellow =)

Make sure you get a skin that works with WinAmp 3 Final... Old skins tend to crash winamp. (Chronabie works great)
Yea but some skins take out much more resources :rolleyes:

K

Kw4ntuM

or you could use ATI Media Center if you are special enouygh to have it, b/c it will open any file known to man and uses almost 0 RAM

Majin

DBZ - Yes its in me!
Winamp 3 just plain sux it has no visualization support so kiss the almighty god of digital hallucinations geiss goodbye no dsp plugin support that i can find and little cutomizabilty (no file icons selection ... the mini viz sux now) i mean wtf r these guys doin in there OTHER than whipping some llamas ass?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut