WinACE, WinRAR, or WinZip

• Thread starter FreedomToShare
  • Start date
F

FreedomToShare

I just want know which program you prefer. Or if you like another program other than these three speak out.

LOL!

Everyone knows WinRAR is the standard ;)

You missed out one very important zipping tool Freedom, 7-Zip (www.7-zip.org)

It has the highest compression of any zip utility when compressing files with the 7z algorithm.

Try it and add it to your poll :)

Ok

Best Currently is:
WinACE => Good For Tight Compression But Slow
WinRAR => Fast a Compression, But Fast

Other:
WinZIP => Just Lame
PKZIP => Also Lame
Others => Lame

I use winzip for making zip files and compressing and packaging my own stuff and winrar to usually open zip and rar files. I like winzips self-extractors (esp. size) and the speed of the 'extract to here' shell function for winrar (loads faster). I'd say winrar is the better choice, but they both have their own advantages.

:D For compression & speed they come out roughly the same. You could have problems uncompressing files using the wrong decompressor. Especially .ace files
WinZip for .zip files
Winrar for .rar files
Winace for .ace files
;)

Anyone tried 7-Zip yet?

I guarantee you that it has the best compression.

Used winace only for longest time just winrar a lil now im usin winrar more cause im tired of winace whining for me to register with that big blue winace screen when it opens lol

Originally posted by Goku
Anyone tried 7-Zip yet?

I guarantee you that it has the best compression.

Eventhough the compression isn't a drastic difference, I would use it to compress. Too bad you can't make rar files with it. :(

winrar... nuff said....

no really... I don't really know anything bout the others or winrar itself... I just use it :D

Originally posted by Goku
LOL!

Everyone knows WinRAR is the standard ;)

You missed out one very important zipping tool Freedom, 7-Zip (www.7-zip.org)

It has the highest compression of any zip utility when compressing files with the 7z algorithm.

Try it and add it to your poll :)

WinRAR's compression is basically the same as WinZip's compression. As far as I know WinACE has the best compression, I've done tests. Although, I have yet to try 7z zipping using Freedom.

Any more compression software

Well I listed the three top program WinACE, WinRAR, and WinZip. Some have talked about 7-Zip and ZipGenius is there any more that anybody has to say about?:D

I use power archiver. It use to be free. I find it easier to use than winzip. Don't have any use (yet) for others.

First post, mmmm.
ummm :rolleyes:
I use winace for most things, its very flexible and gives better compression than winrar. But if you want the best compression there is, try u-harc, hard to find, been a beta for as long as i can remember, takes ages to compress and decompress, runs in dos, but damn it gives good compression, if anyone has tried it they'll know what i mean.
jumpy

shouldn't we be able to attach ace files to these posts?:D :D

i've alway's used win zip, it's never let me down so i've never tried any outhers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back