WinACE, WinRAR, or WinZip

• Thread starter FreedomToShare
  • Start date
they don't compress !
only text file
it's commercial soft for !!!!!
you see my think

WinRar for everything.

I used to have virtually every archive program there is set to be default for it's native format, ie Winzip for zip, WinRar for rar, Winace for ace etc but in the end I found that Winrar can handle all quite well and in some cases it handles others native formats better.

I recently had a Zip executable that refused to install giving an error and opening it in Winrar allowed me to extract the contents when Winzip itself couldn't and that's fairly typical of when you encounter damaged zip files, Winzip just doesn't have native means to repair or recover damaged archives.

Another reason I use Winrar over Winzip is tighter compression, also has repair function for damaged archives that Winzip doesn't have and it can also add recovery records to aid in the repair or rebuilding/recovery of an archive that becomes damaged.

Winzip has had it's day and is in need for a major overhaul.
I had a problem once with a glitch in WinRar and I emailed a report and had an email back from WinRars author/creator in the same day with a solution. Very pleased with the program and support. Try it if you haven't. :)

QuickZip is really good - I only started using it when WinZIP (running under Win98 on my old machine) couldn't open the .tar .ace .rar files etc.. that I downloaded.

QuickZip is freeware & seems to cope with all (common) formats, and it also has features such as .exe creators etc..

I've yet to find anything I want to do that QuickZip can't do.

Winzip is great for a quick simple extraction or making exe zip files - but WinRAR is best for extracting multiple zip files in one go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back