Win98 sort of emulator...

S

slayer[X]

I just got this game (Yu-Gi-Oh!! Power of Chaos)
which runs fine on a win98 but is incompatible with winxp.(It hangs and freezes.)

Know any programs?
(Compatibility does not work)

If you can also find a patch for it, please put up a link.
(im in 56k and is suffering in surfing)

thanks!!!:D

This is what i found for the game:

Requirements/Recommendations
Operating System: Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP /Processor: Pentium II /Processor: 450MHz /RAM: 128MB RAM /Hard Drive: 200MB hard drive space /Video Card: DirectX 8.1-compatible video card /CD-ROM: CD-ROM

So it is compatible with XP, you problem have a video driver issue here. Update drivers.. i woulkd say is your best bet, if that doesnt work, post.

check out his PC spec, thats probably why the games jumping like a bytch.

GF2 MX100/200 :(

yep to confirm it a gf2 aint no dx8.1 card, meaning the system is having to do all the advanced 8.1 in software mode, and that spec of pc is not capable of pulling that off whilst running XP, go shove 98 back on it and do yourself a favoir if a major upgrades out the question.

sods law a game release within 3 months wont run on a low spec pc with 2 year old tech in it.

try this:

right click ont the the shortcut then under the compatibility tab check the box that say run in compatibility mode then choose win 98.

might check for any updates to the game too to make sure some bugs have been worked out.

My friend has the following pc specs:

P4 2.4 ghz
Geforce 4 mx 460 or 440 64mb

but it doesn't work on his pc.

And for the drivers, i'll do it.

On another post SAZAR said the MX family were DX 7 cards. I don't know if that includes the MX 440/460.

In any case the MX cards shoudl still be able to run the game by emulating the DX8.1 calls in software if the system is fast enough. A P4 2.4 system should be fast enough.

That leaves having up to date video drivers as the issue.

Down load the latest Nvidia drivers that are WHQL certified (53.11?). Also make sure your sound card and drivers support DX 8.1 also.

It was the drivers causing the errors. Tested the game running a 28.xx Nvidia driver and it worked fine.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions!!!
Advanced merry xmas to all!!!

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back