Win2000Pro password

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I fixed a friends machine and did a fresh reinstall of his Win2000Pro. Since then, he has created a username/password for himself, but did not give himself Admin rights. We have been trying to logon as "Administator" in the logon without a password, but it will not logon. Does Win2000Pro create a default password for Admin rights? At install, I never created a password for Admin, and he swears that never created a password for the admin as well when he created his user/pass.

Heeter

Try a blank password. You are using ADMINISTRATOR as the login, and not ADMIN, right?

I tried leaving it blank, to no avail. But I will try "ADMINISTRATOR" not "Administrator"

Heeter

Ha!!

That worked,

Thanks a bunch, Un4gIvEn1.

Heeter

HAHA... I didn't mean that you had to capitalize it. I just did that because I wanted it to stand out. It's possible you just mistyped it and you typed it correctly when you did it in caps. usernames are not case sensitive. Glad that worked for you though... later

Now that's funny, Un.

I did not know that usernames are not case sensitive. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks again,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back