Win2000 sp4 problem

I

Idle

hey guys I am creating an image for our laptops to send out. My problem is when I installed SP4 everything went down hill. When I reboot the machine i get a Blue screen that goes away fast so i cant read it fast enough. Another thing it does is that upon the reboot, scan disk starts before logging in. It does this everytime I reboot.

Any onfo would b great thanks!

IDLE

If I go into the Computer Management under event viewer and looka t System. I see an error after everytime I reboot. the error is as follows: The service server was unable to recreate the share win2000dist because the directory C:\win2000dist no longer exits.

that was the error

as far as hardware like boot sequence?

HDD then Floppy then CDrom then LAN...im assuming this is what you are reffering to.

No, your steps on how you are getting the bits down to the drive, where you are placing them on the drive, and your command that you are using to kick off setup.

well im still in the process of building the image. As far as still installing software. I am finished with everything but this scan disk at boot is my problem. Once this is fixed i then can start the image with Ghost.

It seemed to have started after installing SP4.

So, you are saying that you are still building your "master" computer to then build your image for the rest of them?

Are you loading the master by hand? Not a network install?

I am building the maser from scratch. i am doing evrything from my desk. No network install.

But I did fix my problem. i was looking in an XP book and it said if chckdsk is running at boot up, then deselect the Write to cache.

Once i did that, the problem was gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back