Win2000 home-network

A

AnD

Who can help me installing a home network?

I have installed windows 2000 and I want to make a network between 2 computers.
One has win2000 and the other win 98 and I want to make it so that the PC where win2000 is on installed that this PC will be the Server.

The network is with crosscable (from one NIC to the other NIC in the other PC)

Windows2000 finds the other (I think) because if I shut down the other PC it will show a message into the right corner below.
and the lights on both NIC are giving light.

Who can help me because I have NO idea how to do this.

What kind of network? Just file sharring? Are you sharing a internet connection too?

JJB6486

Internet sharing and filesharing. the printer is connected on the PC where windows98se is on installed.

and the computers are seeing themself in "networklocations"
I have token a screenshot (Sorry that it is into Dutch)

network.jpg

And finally, is the internet gateway, the one connected to the dial-up modem and/or broadband modem the 2000 or 98?

JJB6486

I have no idea with the gateway but the internet connection is connected with the computer where 2000 is standing on. the internet connection is plugged in in one NIC (win2000 PC) and from the 2nd NIC (win2000 PC) I go to the other NIC (Win98 PC).

net.jpg

It will now give a message that there is no connection but when I Turn up the PC with win98 the icon will go away (in the right bottom below)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back