G

Goose

So what are the benefits of having Pro against Home
Please name the differences ?
Coz I want to know whether its worth upgrading to Pro from Home
Thanks nice Ppl
:)

PS: I HAVE got my machine networked

The Nov. Issue of PC World page 95 say's that home has about 98% of the business oreinted features of Pro. It also say's XP Pro upgrade can be upgraded by having any of the following platforms 98, me, nt 4.0, and 2000. Where as home can only be upgraded from 98 and me.

Hope this helps

aNOTHER AREA TO CONSIDER IS THE ABILITY TO USE GROUP POLICIES (ONLY AVAILABLE IN PRO). THIS ALLOWS YOU TO CONTROL WHICH LIMITED USERS CAN INSTALL AND RUN SOFTWARE INSTALLED BY OTHER USERS.
ITS SOMETHING OF A HEADACHE FOR ME USING XP HOME AS I HAVE TO INSTALL EACH PIECE OF SOFTWARE 'N' TIMES FOR THE 'N'NUSER THAT NEED TO RUN IT.

TREE4

Im surprised you have to install for each user.
if you leave them as limited, you can then copy any shortcuts to /documents and settings/ all users/ and everyone can then use program
well thats how i do it

thanks fer replys

sounds like it isnt worth upgrading unless you want to set folder privligies

Good job Speed. Well Goose, what do you think now? Home or Pro?

Originally posted by Lonman
Good job Speed. Well Goose, what do you think now? Home or Pro?

Goose's probably asking Maverick for his opinion :D :D

Considering that Im Dead :eek:
I thought Id like to Give XP Pro a Whirl.
Just so I can En - CRYPT :)D)
some of my Folders away from Prying Eyes.
And my brother inlaw has offered me an Old Compy to play around with, so im gonna set up a server of some sort.
Thanks for the Help Guys.

(Tip) Don't Pull the Emergency Escape Handle
when XP Crashes :LoL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back