win xp lockup

T

Tdoggg

when i run win 98 i have no problems . But when i run win xp i get a could not complete a drawing operation error and it will sometime hardlock when brousing the internet any help would be great. I have a celeron 1.3 and and ecs p6s5at motherboard and a msi gf4 ti 4200, 256 pc 133 ram, realtek rtl 8139/810x family pci fast ethernet card and sb live value sound card. g

This sounds like a video card driver issue... (drawing operation error) XP had problems with video cards early on... remove your driver, use a vga driver, restart... then install the detinators... hope that helps :)

Same problem as I have I quess .
Our motherboard does not support AGP4x wich is normally for GF4 series ( Leadtek GF4MX 440 here ) ; maybe this is the cause but first specify your Power Supply .

Driver for GF .. ws unable to complete a drawing operation , please check manufacturer for driver update " .

Any other driver (tried a lot) will not repair this even a bios update ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back