Win XP Application Compatibility Update can´t be installed...help!!!!

E

EMDY

Hi....i´m running win xp pro......and i tryied to update my computer from Microsoft page of updates....running windows update.......my problem is that theres a critical update that can´t be installed, eventhough i downloaded it and installed allready, reboot and try again windows update...and there´s the same critical update over and over again every time i run windows update, it just doesn´t install......what could it be??? pleases help me.......thanks.....the critical update is WINDOWS XP APPLICATION COMPATIBILITY UPDATE.....and have several programs that this update fixes......

See if you can find the update in your add/remove programs menu. It should be towards the bottom, "Windows XP Application Compatibility Update". If you see it, its probably a problem with the log that Windows Update uses to track your history. Its not the first time that I've heard this puke out...

If you cant see it there, then post back...and the game will be afoot! :D

No...i´m not logged in as the administrator, bacause my computer is conffigured not to ask me to logg in, i´m the only one that uses it...........

In my add/remove programs appears the "windows xp application compatibility update" as installed, so...is it already istalled and is a problem of the windows update page?????

If the app update you have installed has the same knowledge base Q number as the one on the update site, then yes you do.

Also on the update site there is a view installation history where it tells you the status either successful or failed

I saw my history of installations from windows update, and there appear like 10 times that same update as if has been succesfully installed.....but why i my computer always saying me that a critical update is ready to installed knowing that it is already istalled........and in windows update appears again as an available update to download...........:confused:

Originally posted by EMDY
I saw my history of installations from windows update, and there appear like 10 times that same update as if has been succesfully installed.....but why i my computer always saying me that a critical update is ready to installed knowing that it is already istalled........and in windows update appears again as an available update to download...........:confused:

Like I said, the Update component might be messing up here a bit. If your update is in the add/remove, then I really wouldn't sweat it at this point.

I'll see if I can dig up some info in the knowledge base. Until then, I dont think this is much to worry about at this point. I['ve heard of this happening before, although I need to find out what they did about it. It may take deleting the Update component in your install, which would need to be reinstalled the next time you visit windows update. Problem is, I cant remember where the heck its installed :rolleyes: :D

Like I said, I'll sniff around and see if anything can be done here...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back