Win Messenger File Transfer Prob

koko

Got Root?
i'm having problems transferring files from my system to someone else's using windows messenger. other people can transfer files to me fine.

i do have a linksys router and visited ms's page and found that i need to open TCP connections to the 6891-6900 range of TCP ports. however, after i do this, it still doesn't work.

i have d/led upgrades to winxp, windows messenger, so i know it's not that.

any1 have any suggestions?

are you using any other firewall other then the router? and if so make sure that you set it so that data from those ports can come in and out.

Since you can transfer files fine with other people the problem with this individual is not on your end but on his. Most likely he has a firewall blocking the transfer on his end.

no, i'm not running any other firewall.

the problem is that other people can send me files, but i can't send them anything. btw, the people i attempt to send files to are not behind any type of firewall.

I have the opposite problem....i can send files but i cannot receive them. I have NO firewall installed. I cant figure it out. Nobody can connect to me remotely or send me files but I can...to them.

Any suggestions?

Messenger Problem

I have that problem when i have the xp firewall on---it wont send nothing when thats on.

Are you using a Linksys router? It might be the cause. If you do, you should download the latest firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back