Win 98SE

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
A friend has asked me to format and reinstal his copy of Win 98SE. I am sure that the list of updates to Win98SE must be nearly as big as the installation disc by now. Is there any slipstream options, similar to those of XP and Service Pack 1?

its really not that bad, win98se was fairly stable so there won't be a list too long, longest part will probably be just the language packs

Originally posted by syn
its really not that bad, win98se was fairly stable so there won't be a list too long, longest part will probably be just the language packs

Windows 98 fairly stable ??
blink.gif
Isnt that an oxymoron ??

windows 98se was fairly stable which was why ME was the gaming OS super fast and crashed 10 times a day. :eek: memory leaks up the butt.

i always found 98se to be extremely compatible, but not very stable. i remember having to reboot all the time.

guess that's one reason i switched to xp. ;)

i found 98 to be the operating system that crashed 10 times a day, and ME to be the solid, stable one. When I upgraded my PC to have 384Mb ram from 256Mb, I found the memory leaks werent so bad and I was usually running on about 45% usage until I did something that needed more memory (like photoshop or a game).

There will be a fair few updates for Windows 98. Look around the MS site for a systems administrators section (similar to XP's corporate windowsupdate site) where you can download the updates to your computer for installation on another machine or at a later date. I remember there being one for Windows 95, so I'm pretty sure there should be one for Windows 98

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back