Win 98 Folder?????

D

daleholden

Hi All

When i installed a new Hard Drive recently i did a fresh install or so i thought!

My XP Pro would not install correctly so i installed Win 98 SE, when that loaded i loaded XP which went on a treat.

When i was installing it i asked for a fresh instal and converted NFTS.

I notice onmy sysytem i have a WIN 98 folde with all the files in there.

Is it possible for me to delete the folder or will that cause problems?

I dont want to do a fresh format if i can help it.

My system is booting up in 40 seconds which is pretty good i guess.

Anybody help me please????

Just like to wish everybody a Happy Xmas 7 Happy New Year

Where is that win98 folder located. If you already got a new Windows or WinNT folder, I'll guess you can delete it, if you didn't upgrade from the previous Windows 98 of course!

You might also want to check your add/remove programs section in control panel. See if there's any mention of the upgrade files with the option to off them. If there is then XP can get rid of the registry entries for it too.

Originally posted by Lonman
You might also want to check your add/remove programs section in control panel. See if there's any mention of the upgrade files with the option to off them. If there is then XP can get rid of the registry entries for it too.

Cheers there is no mention in Add or Remove Programes about Win 98 just a long list of Win Xp Hotfixes

Originally posted by Lonman

I have a Windows directory directly below Win 98 folder. I have no mention od Win 98 in add or remove programmes

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back