Will you buy Liveware 3 for XP ?

W

waddy

Im devistated that creative are chargeing for it .....

i know its only $3 but surely they must make a nice tidy profit from all the sound cards etc we all buy ....

anyway what do you guys think ?

More Info

I am about to buy it... going to check for hidden charges and if its £2 defintyl and no other charges i'll buy or pre-order it tonight.

I dont have a choice... I have been on SoundBlasters forums and its very obvious they will NOT post the software on the net so what choice do we have?

I was waiting for liveware4.0 but i would rather start using it now... been too long

Nope... uh uh... nada... nooosirreee

Why should WE have to PAY for software that they are supposed to provide for free? I can understand if they have a cd version as well as a downloadable version for people that don't have broadband or would like a physical backup or something, but this is just ridiculous... what's next? Microsoft making you pay for critical updates?

Oh What´s that. For the first time i read about the Live Ware CD i thougt ist will be for free. But now my dreams come true. I should pay because i´m not willing to buy SB Audigy??? Creative this is just poor. I realy can´t believe.

They just had removed Live Ware from there FTP. That`s not to long agoo so i downloaded Live Ware last week. Any other User who ist still looking for it will find it for download (Maybe take a look at M3D Zone) The only one that i can´t find is the Oozic player. But isn´t Winamp much better? Yep and it´s for free. But how long?

What is the benefit of getting the CD?
What advantages does it have over the standard drivers?

Just wait for few month. There will be somebody uploading the cd to the net.

No way in hell I'll order one! :mad:
I don't need them anyways, and if I do, I'll get them some other way.

I'm thinking "Class Action Lawsuit" against Creative Labs...

I purchased my new system in August. Two months later, I'm somehow required by Creative, to go out and upgrade, when I haven't even had the system for two months...

Not f**king likely.

It doesn't matter if it's 3 dollars or 300 dollars. Perhaps the world is a little tired of greedy corporations adding 1 dollar here, or another dollar there extra to fatten there bottom line.

They wonder what creates pirates!!! They create pirates. You can't push people and not expect them to get kinda P.O.'d after a time..

Personally, I'll be waiting for it to pop up somewhere. I've got better things to spend my cash on. Like bills, the mortgage, and feeding my kids...

Goddam Creative Labs blood sucks creeps!!!

Grrrrrrrr.....

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
What is the benefit of getting the CD?
What advantages does it have over the standard drivers?

There will be:

Oozic Player 3 (the most intersting Thing on the CD but i think Winamp ist still much better)

Play Center 2.5 (With Ply Center 2.2 you can´t copy mp3 to MP3 Player. They say: Hey go and upgrade)

AudioHQ
Surround Mixer
Recorder (Version 1.04.03)
Launcher (Version 1.53.10)
WaveStudio (Version 4.10.05)
Keytar (Version 1.00.06)
Rhythmania (Version 1.04.06)
EAX Demo
RemoteCenter (Version 1.22.01)

This Info come from Clabs Site.

to your question:

the important things you need are included in the Upgrade wich you can get for Download. like Surround Mixer (witout Presets) and Audio HQ. The CD is say it in other Words "worthless"
;) :D

I MUST have the remotecenter...It's nothing like laying down in bed with a bag of potato-chips and a coke, watching dvd's without have to walk over to the computer to raise volume or switch chapters...:D

haha

The first reason i bought the SB live! is because creative claims how it is a good investment, with the programmable chip and all that, and they advertised the liveware, free updates , now... i dunno what hit their heads, i know its 3 dollars, im being a cheapass... but money's not the problem, if most people agree on buying the cds,creative would think that its appropriate, and in the future they would probably do the same thing..

Incredible as it seems, this is a sneaky move by Creative, alot of people will think wow £2 for the new liveware, I'll have that.
Millions of people will buy it, every 500,000 people will make creative a million!

hmmm?

I don't need this CD! I don't even need it! I use winamp!

Yeah right, Creative. You wish!

hhehehee actually after reading Bluemoon's post i dont need it and want it anymore ...

I havent the luxury like andyp of a remote :) its the only good thing i could see in it

I still thing its wrong that they charge for it .... like it isnt anything special,,,

next thing they will be chargeing us for updates to drivers... :p

wow can you imagine?

LATEST NEWS: WADDY PIRATES DRIVERS!

Ohhhhh-KooL [e-punk :p] I just posted a section on Techno Musique about wanting to find more "techno musique", b/c I just bought this game called Frequency and have wanted to make my own Techno... I have saw the applications that came with my SoundBlaster Live! and thought you could make your own songs but I couldn't figure it out. Is it possible? I'm just wondering b/c musique rox! :)

Ok...this may sound a little rude but... here goes... you would have to be an absolute idiot to buy that cd. Obviously, creative is just being stupid. Download the cd from some file sharing program (not that I normally just rip everything but in some cases I feel it is justified)

NEVER EVAH!

Gonna buy that shit... il find it online or something.. If im not wrong Creative is gonna post Liveware 3.0 on theyr homepage later on...Anyway i really dont need it..its not like its gonna boost ur sound quality or something...except giving you some new tools and Eax Fxz---

LightWave

Waddy, hush don't give them any ideas..."next thing they will be chargeing us for updates to drivers... :p" This is just plain ridiculous...
:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back