Will vista run ok on my laptop

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
I've just bought an oem version of vista ultimate. I'm wandering if enyone can tell me how it will run on my laptop (see sig). I'll be upgrading the ram to 2 gig at some point soon but is it still ok with 1 gig? Will I have any problems with world of warcraft running on it? Also when I move house I'm going to build a new desktop for myself. Will I have any problems using it on my desktop when I get it. I intend to put xp back on my laptop at that time.

Cheers

two hdds?
Im not sure about that processor. kinda wimpy

two hdds?
Im not sure about that processor. kinda wimpy

yeh I know. Runs fine with xp though. 1 year old laptop. Just want to know if I'll run into any problems trying to run vista on it.

Not sure about the video.. will depend on how much video ram came with the card. The chipset should be ok.. the video memory will be the deciding factor. Aero should run ok if you have at least the 128MB or the 256MB version of that card. Just don't plan on running too many newer games with that setup.

Thanks for that mate. offshore at the moment though. Vista will be there when I get home though so I'll just install it and find out. Might still use it though. It's an oem version of vista so if I install it on my laptop and it doesn't run it right I'm not sure microsoft will let me install it on my new desktop when I build it (later this year). My graphics card is 256 ram so that should be ok. Thanks everyone.

Not sure about the video.. will depend on how much video ram came with the card. The chipset should be ok.. the video memory will be the deciding factor. Aero should run ok if you have at least the 128MB or the 256MB version of that card. Just don't plan on running too many newer games with that setup.

yeh it struggles on some new games lately. Can run some no problems but game's like nwn2 run really badly. Surprising though with the 6800 go only being just over a year old. Mind you I can run world of warcraft at a 1440x900 res and top settings no problem so as long as I can still do that with vista I'll be happy until I get my desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im thinking the vid card is better than many for laptops out there, i dont think its a problem.
I am seriously doubting your processor though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back