Will this modem work w/ XP?

If there's a 2k driver, then there's probably an XP driver. It's free, no loss right? Might as well give it a try. It'll probably work.

The 2k driver might work...but not necessarily.

My dad has a PCMCIA interface scanner connected to his laptop, and the drivers don't seem to work with XP.

Your best bet would be to try it with a computer running XP to see if it works.

Mail Hi-val, and ask them if it is compatable?

I'm sure it will be

Skazz

Just install it and let XP install it's own drivers... sometimes XP will install a Windoz generic driver that works quite well with the particular hardware. Then see if it works. If it does, you're done.

It couldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

there aint much to a modem anyways, so XP will prob install generic ones. or it might have them already as part of its driver cache

In my experience 2k modem drivers rarely work in XP. They install, sure, but the don't work...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back