Will these devices work together?

Eiji

OSNN Addict
I purchased a Netgear WGR614v4 router (WGR614NAR) and a Netgear WGE101 (WGE101NAR) wireless bridge from eBay for a cheap price as they are American and refurbished but supplied with UK plugs. They have been working fine for the past few months.

I now want to purchase a Netgear FS605 Ethernet Switcher (FS605UK) but its a used UK model.

Would it work with the American versions of the router and bridge?

Thanks!

i would think so, the only reason they say american or uk i think is because of the voltages, (america=110volts uk=220) if im wrong someone correct me, reason they do this, is so u dont stick the "american version" into a 220v socket and fry it then try to get an rma.

Last edited:
themafia.69 said:
i would think so, the only reason they say american or uk i think is because of the voltages, (america=110volts uk=220) if im wrong someone correct me

Yeah that should be the only real difference...

BTW, I don't know if they sell them in the UK, however some of the hardware stores here, have had a device for people traveling over seas which would allow them to use their American appliances in the UK and the like. Basically, it's a transformer that will take the 220 v offered there, and convert it to the appropriate voltage for the US version of a given appliance...

That might help (if you can find one), should you get stuck with the wrong version...

As to whether they are the same, I would's expect them to be different, with the switch (as I looked up the model number) using 10/100 fast Ethernet... I've heard of some WAN technologies differing, for instance the T1 used in the US != to the E1 used in Europe, either in terms of the number of bearer channels, or how it's layed out (aka where the delta channel is located); but ethernet is ethernet as far as I know...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back