Will 533 FSB work on 400 FSB MOBO?

M

mattg1981

I have an aopen motherboard that supports 400 Mhz FSB up to 2.4 GHz. My question is will a 2.4 Ghz 533Mhz FSB run on this board. I dont care if it will run at 533 cause I know it wont do that, but will it at least run with no problems. Reason I ask is cause I can get a 2.4 533 cheaper than I can a 400. Also, mobo is 478 socket and so is the chip. Can anyone help me with this one?

Well first the p4 2.4b (533fsb)will be multiplyer locked at 18x so you will only get a speed of 1800 where the 400fsb version has a multiplyer of 24 as far as i am aware you should be ok but why retard the chip in the first place ?.get the 400fsb version for now

But if you up the FSB on the board (if its possible) you an regain some/all of that back

I suggest you get a 400. It's not that much more expensive. The 533 will run much slower like BonyTony said.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back