Wierd not wonderful windows installation

E

eternal_breath

Ladies, gentlemen, and undecided....

I recently tried to reinstall Windows. Upon restarting - I had an impenetrable clue screen crash - and was forced to reformat. (this is why my windows install base lives on a partition totally isolated from everything else...)

I did a clean installation. now for some reason all sorts of wired changes have taken place, none of this happened before:

-I can't use the windows update site. It starts to scan for changes, then remains at 0%.

-My taskbar changes size on restart.

-MSN fails when it tries to sign in automatically.

-NFS 4: High Stakes doesn't work when I try to use hardware acceleration.

What might be going on?

Specs:

-P4 2Ghz on an ASUS P4S533/C
-1024Gb DDR333 RAM
-Seagate Barracuda, 40Gb drive + 80Gb drive
-VisionTek GeForce4 Ti4600 4x
-SB Live! Value 5.1 S.E.
-Windows XP pro
-Lite On 32x RW burner

Does a mod want to move this to somewhere more helpful?

My taskbar changes size on restart.

Thats the video drivers, i noticed this flaw in the 29 series using GF4 as the main card in my new builds, the screen resolution cant make its mind up until you go HERE and update to the 41 series driver.

I can't use the windows update site. It starts to scan for changes, then remains at 0%.
&
MSN fails when it tries to sign in automatically.

Looks like this is related to your internet settings, or possibly the means you use to connect to the internet, try the connection wizzard on this 1.

how do you connect to the internet anyway ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back