Wierd lag

D

drahzar

I don't remember changing anything that could cause this, but one day I turned on winamp and went to play a game. The game played fine, no lag, but just about every time i moved or did something the music would cut out. This happened with Counter-strike, warcraft 3 and splinter cell, so I don't think it's the game. Anyone know if this could be caused by something specific? or general computer lag? I'm pretty low on disk space, have 1.32 gigs out of 27.9. Could that be causing it? Thanks in advance. It's winamp 2.81 by the way

im really not sure but it generally happens when your low on memory. so if you wanna play games and listen to music try to exit some other crap before you play.

Make sure your hard disk is defragged, waiting for the heads to slew around could cause the problem if the music file is fragmented.

Ah, I haven't defragged in a while, i'll try it. thanks lee. you too punk, dont have any more programs running now than when it used to work tho, so hopefully I just have to defrag.

wow, this happens to me too, but it was only recently when i installed winamp 5 beta 2 :)

defragged and still gettin that, got rid of a ****load of background programs too. done virus checks, spyware checks, everything. Think it might be winamp? Don't remember updating it...

man i'm stupid, i set the priority in winamp to idle instead of normal. bleh. oh well, least it works now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back