Widescreen LCD specs

Elaborated..

And yes, I am drunk out of my mind as I will be all weekend: D

But its elaborated.

Actually it really is corroborate, asin concur, agree.... elaborate means to expand on an idea, i wanted corrobaration... but you where drunk, i'm sure you'll see the error of your ways haha.

Does it matter, if i buy a no name brand lcd monitor, is there a difference or is it just branding, for instance i know mitsubishi and sony made the best crt flatscreen monitors, but with LCD's are there reigning kings?

Anything using an LG or Samsung physical panel will give you a nice image, the no-names just lack some of the fancy extra electronics that the brand names use.

but get a screen that has more than 900pixels high resoultion...

Actually it really is corroborate, asin concur, agree.... elaborate means to expand on an idea, i wanted corrobaration... but you where drunk, i'm sure you'll see the error of your ways haha.

Does it matter, if i buy a no name brand lcd monitor, is there a difference or is it just branding, for instance i know mitsubishi and sony made the best crt flatscreen monitors, but with LCD's are there reigning kings?

I was saying that your stuff was corroborated/eloborated/whatever.

Wasn't correcting you. Just saying you were right :dead:

The quality of a panel or the warranty will be sub-par typically with a no-name brand.

The tier-1 players have much high QA. Also they typically have additional features.

IMO IIyama (sp?) made teh best CRT's. Sony and Mitsu made some ace ones too :D

ok what can i get for $400, i'd ideally like it to also be able to support tv as well.

Something with a tv tuner will typically add a little to the cost and may not have the better features.

I would probably get a good display and get a tv tuner if possible instead.

Viewsonic has some decent integrated products if you have to go that route.

For the displays, I am partial to the Dell Ultra-sharps. They have served me very well at home and at work :smoker:

i just don't really want a dell monitor on my desk, don't ask me why but thats jus how i feel, snobby i know, which other brands? and what resolution should i be looking at? also would my 9800pro really suffer in games at widescreen resolution?

You do want a Dell .... you're just in denial :p

Also, your 9800Pro will be fine, 1440x900 isn't exactly a high resolution. Besides, on extremely demanding games, you can use lower resolutions, the same as when using a 4:3. :)

thanks speedy for all your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back