Why XP must be saved

Whilst not wanting to get into the former 'debate' and the pros and cons of each OS etc.

I do firmly believe if (any) OS is good enough, by that I mean secure, stable, resource friendly, and having the features the user requires. It will to a certain extent sell itself.
One need only look back at the numerous freeware, plus open source apps and utilities that have excelled at what they do, and ergo gained notoriety and respect and a fan/user base.
Many of these are now fully fledged paid-up or subscription based products and services. They basically got where they did as they provided what was needed.
The same model applies to any software. If your product is wanted or, better yet, needed. Then you will have demand.

Personally I'm quite happy with XP. It has withstood the rigours of time, and has been patched and fixed to make a pretty decent OS.
It does everything I need, and I would see no need to upgrade to a newer OS until it provided the same level of security, stability, resource friendliness I deem necessary to warrant a desirable operating system. If the newer OS used double the resources but provided no extra features I needed or even wanted, then there would be no gain in changing from what I have.
I guess many other users are the same, and as such they will only upgrade to Vista once the OS provides them with something they need that their current OS doesn't deliver.

In a nutshell, MS should make us the users want Vista, not force compliance by removing the only viable alternative for home users.

(For the record, yes I have used Vista, but as already mentioned, XP is better for my needs.:))

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back