Why XP-erience.org Loses More and More Credibility with Every News Article

A

Armed and DWI

This is not just about the "Change Product Key" news, but I admit, that's what finally tipped the scale.

The "news" section of this site is full of waaay too much crap. I go to this site for Operating System related news - not to read about Crapper-Strike and Half-ain't-people-sick-of-this-yet-Life patches.

To be more specific: Today 2002.06.11 at 1940 Eastern Time, there are 15 news articles on the main page. If you take out news pertaining non-XP-specific video games, illegal Windows XP hacks, news about friking BETA versions of non-xp-specific software, tweak programs for non-XP specific DVD software, and non-operating system related security news, you are left with THREE, JUST 3 REAL XP NEWS ARTICLES. Now I understand that the news-poster should be allowed to write about their own tastes ONCE in a while, but a 3 to 12 ratio is unacceptable.

Now don't just say that I'm saying this because I hate Counter-Strike - there have been game news posted here about games I play everyday, and STILL, it does not belong. Waddy and Electronic Punk, I ask that you start concentrating more on XP news rather than going off on a tangent. You 2 obviously have many sources, so filter out the non-xp ones and keep your site respectable.

I moved this in here... this is where we like to keep the dirty diapers... grow up.

wow, the item that tipped you over the scale of your argument, actually goes against your argument...

Ingenious.

wow, well i agree kind of. but i dont mind like he said a few, but i used to come here for XP info, and now i have changed my homepage to something else to get some news that is on topic.

Originally posted by Armed and DWI
This is not just about the "Change Product Key" news, but I admit, that's what finally tipped the <snip>

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
wow, the item that tipped you over the scale of your argument, actually goes against your argument...

Ingenious.

Well it seems he went out to get windows XP and bought it, and then gets pissed becuase they are helping other people crack the code to get new keys to be able to upgrade an illegal product.
So that he was pissed of with taht one i can egree on.

Ingenious.

What would you think if that on your favorite Half-Life news site, they posted news on how to bypass the multiplayer cd-key authentication? Do you think that PlanetHalfLife.com would do that? The gamespy-run PlanetX sites are quite respectable in the gaming world; don't you want your site living up to that same level as far as OS sites go?

WOW!!! People are really great... Or suck,,, depends on how you look at it...

This forum is very free... It may chat to much at times but it DOES let you speak...

The items on the front page are COMPUTER RELATED,,, Not just XP related...

I just got myself banned,,, hopefully,,, from a gestapo-esque forum... All I can say if you like those forums that stick to one topic with no kind of real community then SeeYa,,, Don't let the keyboard hit you in the ass as you logoff...

The items you hate others like,,, the only difference is the ones who like them don't bitch so loud...

-edit- Sorry,,, I'm still fired up from the other forum...

Right. Enough.
*stamps foot* :p

With the amount of users that visit this site, waddy and I feel that it is important to update the site several times a day, and there is simply not enough XP or perhaps even XP-related news to fulfil this. Therefore we have expanded the site and now try to bring you interesting software releases - when a XP story breaks we post it, as soon as we can for you guys. We don't get paid, infact no-one except the site hosts do, infact this site has cost waddy alot of money to maintain, and at the moment we are only doing it for the credit purtained by saying "yeah, I work for XP-erience".

As for the "Changing the key", there are legitimate reasons and as we try to host as many guides as we can we posted it here, it's not new information, we just made it simpler for you guys.

Gonna keep the mood light, as one of the admins I must set an example, but if you think you can do better feel free to become one of the XP-erience clones...

Originally posted by MiseryQv2.0
WOW!!! People are really great... Or suck,,, depends on how you look at it...

This forum is very free... It may chat to much at times but it DOES let you speak...

The items on the front page are COMPUTER RELATED,,, Not just XP related...

I just got myself banned,,, hopefully,,, from a gestapo-esque forum... All I can say if you like those forums that stick to one topic with no kind of real community then SeeYa,,, Don't let the keyboard hit you in the ass as you logoff...

The items you hate others like,,, the only difference is the ones who like them don't bitch so loud...

-edit- Sorry,,, I'm still fired up from the other forum...

I'm all for forum free speech. This site has a particularly great forum because there are so many topics. If you want to talk about Half-Life problems in XP, by all means go into this site's Gaming forum. But "Counter-Strike 1.0350626 Released!" doesn't belong on the main news page next to "XP-Security Patch released"

What would you think if that on your favorite Half-Life news site, they posted news on how to bypass the multiplayer cd-key authentication? Do you think that PlanetHalfLife.com would do that? The gamespy-run PlanetX sites are quite respectable in the gaming world; don't you want your site living up to that same level as far as OS sites go?

No-one is bypassing the Windows activation are they? At least not from information given on this site...

If you want to compare it to Half-life you can find the CD key in there by looking for it in the registry. It wouldn't bother me if the authentication was cracked on it, as I always seem to lose the CD, bought Half-life 3 times now :p

Right. Enough.
*stamps foot* :p

With the amount of users that visit this site, waddy and I feel that it is important to update the site several times a day, and there is simply not enough XP or perhaps even XP-related news to fulfil this. Therefore we have expanded the site and now try to bring you interesting software releases - when a XP story breaks we post it, as soon as we can for you guys. We don't get paid, infact no-one except the site hosts do, infact this site has cost waddy alot of money to maintain, and at the moment we are only doing it for the credit purtained by saying "yeah, I work for XP-erience".

As for the "Changing the key", there are legitimate reasons and as we try to host as many guides as we can we posted it here, it's not new information, we just made it simpler for you guys.

Gonna keep the mood light, as one of the admins I must set an example, but if you think you can do better feel free to become one of the XP-erience clones...

The XP-erience clones ARE crap; I've looked. That's why I am hoping that this one doesn't continue to sell out. No one else has said it, so I might as well.

I'm all for forum free speech. This site has a particularly great forum because there are so many topics. If you want to talk about Half-Life problems in XP, by all means go into this site's Gaming forum. But "Counter-Strike 1.0350626 Released!" doesn't belong on the main news page next to "XP-Security Patch released"

You have given me an idea about news filters, which would filter out various news categories but it is something I would have to think about in more depth before adding it to waddy's to-do list.

You have given me an idea about news filters, which would filter out various news categories but it is something I would have to think about in more depth before adding it to waddy's to-do list.
cool. good idea.

And Lonan or Lomans or whatever - do you have any actual points or are you just here trying to spark a flame?

"Counter-Strike 1.0350626 Released!"

I don't find it interesting,,, YOU don't find it interesting... But I'm sure quite a number of people would,,, expecially those that like the game but did'nt know about it...

Can't we just skim over news articles we don't like... Do I call the tv station and tell them that I really don't give a crap about sports and they should'nt have it because they're selling out...

With that said lets just stop flaming,,, the last couple days have been rough...

Hi EP,,, Lonman... WHUTS UP?!?

I need a good way of planning it out tho, might perhaps require more vbulletin integration... or something similar, basically you would only see news under the categories that you wanted and none others... its a matter of how these preferences could be stored... as logging into the site and forums, is an option I doubt would occur.

waddy has exams on at the moment, so all the proposed changes are going down on a big list that I just know he is going to love reading when he gets done ;)

Its called growth...if this site reported on XP alone it would not get updated very often. I set XP-Erience as my homepage for the different news articles posted...im interested when a new CS comes out..im interested in new hard drive technology..etc etc etc

XP-erience is exciting the way it is.

You dont know what sh*t you will see on the front page when you load it up :) :cool:

Excuse me but isn't variety the spice of life? :confused: If I don't have to go looking for it, all the better. :cool: The front page is what got me hooked on this site. :D Some things I like some things I don't. I've still got freedom of choice as to what I look at & so has everybody else. If it's not right for you try elsewhere. Simple. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back