why wont my printer print?

K

k3n

y wont my printer print>?

its a cannon BJC 2100 and it used to work, i got new ink n everything. the paper wont even come off. i tried to turn off comp n turn it back but it dont work. idunno wats wrong.

you're saying the paper won't come out or the pc isn't sending any data to the printer?

and you double check all connections between the printer and computer?

its probaly the data isnt being successfully transfer to the printer but yea everything is hooked up.

-CHeck the printer first:
Push the form feed buton and make sure it spits out a page. That will check the roller system. Then check the users manual (you can find a copy on line if you lost it) and see what the button combination is to print a test page. That checks the heads ink system etc. If the printer is good continue.

- Make sure the cable is installed correctly at both ends and not crushed or cut.

-Open start- control panel - system-hardware-device manager and look for any yellow exclamation marks. If there is one see if it is related tot he printer (USB port, parallel port or whatever applies. Check abck here with detilas for more help. If no exclamation marks continue.

- Open start- printers & faxes. If the printer name shows up right click it and select properties. There should be a little black circle with a checkmark in it to show it is the default printer (the one the computer will try to print to. If no circle and check mark then right click the printer and select "set as default".

If the printer name does not show up you need to find the CD that came with it and reinstall the drivers. Or it may just be dead.

PS Most of the above will be in the manual under what to do if the printer doesn't work. Actually reading manuals is allowed though I rarely do it myself.

I used to have a BJC3100 and it was not supported under XP and Canon told me they were not going to have any XP drivers available for that old a printer. I bought a Canon S630.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back