Why RDRAM is FASTER than DDR?

• Thread starter Cannibal Corpse
  • Start date
C

Cannibal Corpse

I just built a brand spanking new system based on a i845E chipset (Abit IT7-MAX2) using 1GB of 2700 DDR Memory...All I have to say is BUMP.

wow, nice system....i would build that too but...

Awesome system! i would build something similar to that too but there's a problem. I DONT HAVE A BILLION DOLLARS TO SPEND RIGHT NOW! lol geez:mad:

pc1066 rdram has 4.2gb/sec of bandwidth... your pc2700 ddr has 2.7gb/sec of bandwidth.

just answering your question.

ROTF... I don't think he feels too hot right now... but least the memory is good if he ever migrates to a newer mobo...

hang on... he just built that didn't he?

well performance hit is not that much...

btw comparing rdram 1066 to ddr 2700 is ludicrous.... look @ prices... :)

true top of line system would be a rdram system but it'll be interesting to see what happens when ddr II comes out...

ddr 3500 right now is a waste but might be good for something soon..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back