Why not like linux...

you should try some newer ones, I really like and use Ubuntu and yea.

Ubuntus ok, easy install. however gentoo is well worth the extra install time. the reason why i suggested knoppix is that it only is one iso download and it is most compatible for live cd..

Techno Child said:
did you try knoppix?

I tried both Knoppix and Ubuntu live CDs. Neither work. Knoppix boots up fully but I can not see anything. Unbuntu loads and reboots the computer and nothing else.

Why don't u just install Ubuntu, or whatever to the harddrive.

Bman™ said:
Why don't u just install Ubuntu, or whatever to the harddrive.

Too much effort at the moment, plus I will have to phone up microsoft to obtain another licence when i do re-install windows and partition. Already went through the limit of installations. Im lazy basically :dead:

If your hardware is not being detected properly installation could be problematic.

You have tried feeding Knoppix different video settings at boot to get the KDE GUI up?

I have an older laptop with SuSE 10 that came in OK that I also try out different versions of Knoppix on before passing out the CDs at a coffee house, From 3.4 to 4.0.2 lite some work OK on video some do not. Those I have to specify a compatible video setting.

Also. you might consider dual boot or even swapping to a second HD to to leave your MS Windows OS alone while you get your feet wet in Linux.

pluto said:
Im lazy basically

i think the last thing he needs is to try and figure out how to partion and configure a dual boot :D ... 2 hds sound good though, once i got a removable hd setup online that fits in a 5.25" drive bay. you can set it as the first hd and put windows on it and when you want linux, just remove it :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back