Why is the Geforce4 MX series Crap??

• Thread starter Da_BomB_XpLoSiV
  • Start date
I'll just stick with my TNT/2 M64 with 32MBs of SDRAM. Thats a PCI video card, baby. Classic.

Originally posted by catch23
...PCI isn't classic...my ISA Intel 740 graphics accelerator is :p

Damn, dawg. You take the cake for having an l337 graphics processor unit there.

hehe im l337"er"! Well maybe not, ive got this old ISA 2mb hercules vid card that doenst even have a name anymore....and its sooooo huge! Stupid vid cards always getting better too fast.....its kinda funny since vid cards these days run faster then top end computers 2-3 years ago. Remember when the pentium 75 came out and we were all like "HOLY mother of blah blah blah thats fast!"=)

true iceman, but there's some gerat games for PC.. I play only PC games but will eventually get me a console or two..

I know this is an old subject but...

I just bought a Gainward GeForce4 MX440 and it's work great. I am an avid gamer, but I just can't afford those GF4Ti's dude they're just too much. And as for GeForce3's well try finding one in a store, because I can't at any of the place's I have to buy from those being CompUSA and Bestbuy, etc.

Let me explain, I live with my parents still(hey don't laugh! aaaww come on be nice!), and I only go to school that way I don't have to work in a crummy "office" job until I'm making real money at a place I can live with(that being after I'm out of college). So for me, and maybe others out there, GeForce3's aren't an option.

I get 99fps in Counterstrike although it drops to 60-70 sometimes, but that's waaaay fine. And for any game that isn't an insaino-new FPS that's coming out or just has come out, any program runs waaaaaaay better then my GF2 ever could hope to. Long story short(too late huh), I agree that if you can get a GF4ti DO IT!!! But many people can't plunk down $150-350, and can't go through who know's how many sites to find a decent GF3. When they could just go to the local computer store and pick up a damn fine replacement for an o-sooo-old GeForce2 card; atleast in my opinion.

BTW - In a couple months time I do however plan to get a GF4ti, but through means I cannot discuss here(no NOT prostitution! you sickies! hehehe). So maybe i'm a hypocrit but really GF4MX 440-460 work great for any games which are out today, unless you are mister money bags and already run on a P4 2.who cares does it really matter it's fast enough, with 1gig RAMBUS RAM and an 8meg buffer HD, water cooled an what not! Then maybe I could see someone sniffing their nose at my good ol' GF4MX 440! So there! hehee

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back