• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

why doesnt my computer want to shutdown??

I

iForceTundra

it happened last week i wen to | Turn off computer | Turn off , and then it start shutting down. blue screen saving setting , blah blah, then when the screen turns black for a second a blue screen flickers right after it then it starts to boot back up like normal.

when i turn it off manually with the button , the next time i turn on the computer it does the scan disk thing.

i think someone placed something on here where i cant turn it off. is there anyway to see if i know something has been placed in here to corrupt something (shutdown mode) to work properly.

thanx :confused:

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
Go here>>

Windows XP shutdown issues mostly center around a very few issues, especially device driver version and other legacy hardware and software compatibility issues.

Roxio’s release of patches for Easy CD 5 has wiped out more than half of all XP shutdown issues. In turn, this uncovered and highlighted the next greatest problem: specific hardware incompatibilities. These are detailed below where known. The driver and software issues are expected to resolve substantially as hardware and software manufacturers release updated versions.

http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

There is an article here that should help above is just an extract...:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test