Fixed why does our board report itself as nomadix?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
in my home button I have a few home pages so they all load at once

when I want to open just one I hit the scroll down by the home icon and osnn is reported as "nomadix'

needs to be fixed

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
got a screenshot? Can't seem to find it anywhere in the source codes.

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access

Attachments

• nomadix.JPG
    nomadix.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 146

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
I've just tried it out in IE 7 / 8 beta and there are no problems here :) Maybe you had this website set as your homepage earlier on, and IE messed things up a bit?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I've just tried it out in IE 7 / 8 beta and there are no problems here :) Maybe you had this website set as your homepage earlier on, and IE messed things up a bit?
will try to remove and reset and see what happens

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I just removed and added and it seems to have done the trick, will tell you on restart

[edit] it did not work, see post below

btw

how do you add a homepage with a link you have in your clipboard, I can't figure that out, the tool just gives the option of "adding this as your homepage"

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
Good :)

Tools > Internet Options. Then simply add the URL on a new line :)

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Good :)

Tools > Internet Options. Then simply add the URL on a new line :)

thanx, I forgot how to do that I am so used to just dragging the favicon into the homepage area (the easiest way to set home page on the planet)

but, bad newz, when I thought it worked before it's becuase I had the result of "new posts" not the actual link, with the actual "new posts" link, the board reports it as "nomadix" still

off to work, will be back later

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
That is very strange :(
Nothing has changed there and there is not some bizarre site name change occuring anytime soon.

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
Ok, I've tried www.osnn.net, forum.osnn.net as well as the "New posts" link, and they all report OSNN :suprised:

Attachments

• new-posts.jpg
    new-posts.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 117

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
OK - here's the link manually inserted in Internet Options. This is what it looks like after pressing it five times and restarting IE.

Attachments

• new-posts.jpg
    new-posts.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 118

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
possibly if I clear my internet cache it might be fixed, I don't plan on doing that any time soon though, if I decide to do it I will post on this thread the results

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
Look at his screenshot Carpo :p

@perris
Perhaps you should try to update to IE 8 beta or an entirely different browser? See you later :)

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
figured it out

one of the coffee shops I go to with wifi uses this nomadix service

it's some kind of gateway service for some of the places that use public access internet, if interested, here's the info

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee