why does my computer crash

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i find that my computer crashes like 10 times a day and each time it ends up corrupting software and even my windows user accounts.

i recently formatted and before i add any apps i want to get to the bottom of why its crashing and yes its crashing straight after a clean install. i dindt install anything yet.

how can i find out whats causing it to crash, there MUST be a log that can tell me the driver or program or hardware thats failing. i tried the event viewer in adminsistrative tools and these are the other errors ive had since its formatted....

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date: 15/07/2003
Time: 22:52:53
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: NA-LJQOIQEKQJGO
Description:
The server {601AC3DC-786A-4EB0-BF40-EE3521E70BFB} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 16/07/2003
Time: 00:23:59
User: N/A
Computer: NA-LJQOIQEKQJGO
Description:
Hanging application wmplayer.exe, version 8.0.0.4477, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 77 6d 70 6c 61 79 wmplay
0018: 65 72 2e 65 78 65 20 38 er.exe 8
0020: 2e 30 2e 30 2e 34 34 37 .0.0.447
0028: 37 20 69 6e 20 68 75 6e 7 in hun
0030: 67 61 70 70 20 30 2e 30 gapp 0.0
0038: 2e 30 2e 30 20 61 74 20 .0.0 at
0040: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0048: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 0000000

so that doesnt really tell me much, is there any apps out that can tell me what it is thats stopping it. at a guess i think its my cd drive i think its crashing when a cd is running. but like i said thats just a guess, any other help apreciated

You said that you didn't install any apps, does that include firewalls? I found a topic with the same issue that shows up in your first error (EventID 10010), but it appears that it might be related to ZoneAlarm (it's on ZoneAlarm's support forums). Take a look at the thread, because there is a possible solution that has nothing to do with ZoneAlarm. Anyway, it might be worth a look. Microsoft's Support site isn't functioning very well at the moment, so this is all I can give ya for now.

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=win_za_msgs&message.id=559

Aslo right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & recovery/settings. In there untick automatic restart. It will still crash but you will now get an error popping up. Let us know what it is.

ok sorry about late reply it took a few days for my computer to actually crash again, but my computer never automatically restarted anyway because it just froze and i had to press reset to startit again. anyway i still unticked the button but didnt make a difference my computer jus froze and told me no errors.

so i'm guessing its hardware, is it likely to be hdd or processor problems? i think it might be a heat problem

I was thinking the other way with a freeze like that...........software. See if you can limit what is open to keep an eye on each program. When it freezes make a note of the open app, try to make it freeze again till you find the one causing grief.

I think with heat issues it would shut down not freeze.........maybe.

the last time it crashed i was watching tv episodes through winamp. and the speech just freezes and makes DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD sound. i click anything its just complete crashed. then i need to press reset. it used 2 crash alot until i removed a **** load of dust from my processor now its only sometimes.

I find it to be a good idea to dust out a computer every few months. That canned air or a nice air compressor seem to usually work quite nicely. I've had one computer screw up on me before because there was too much dust in one of the memory slots and it wasn't making good contact because of it. I've also seen another computer fry because the heatsink had become overly caked with dust and blocked all the airflow to the CPU.

i'll giv it a good clean later, is it safe to pull the memory n things out without ir altering anything?

Yes shut down and unplug from wall ground yourself on the side of the metal case, and tear that baby a part and use qtips if needed and compressed air is good , dont forget inside the power supply , and if your vid card has a fan that too, and if you have fans on the north or south bridges , in short any fan and all fans no danger just take your time , one piece at a time if needed ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back