Why does it take so long.......??

After xp home ed boots up and goes to the desktop it takes a minute or two before i do anything like hit the start button internet connection, my computer, anything. please help
How many programs how you run on start-up. The more programs will auto-start the slower your computer will be. And try a virus scan.

what is bootvis??? the start up problem has been going on since i did a clean install

Graphic Designer
It may be possible that your pc is running a BOOTVIRUS that starts with windows and remains activ until computer shuts down . Run an antivirus program with recent definitions and try to uncheck some start-up utilities - servicies - programs from msconfig or with Regclean .

yeah its probly the amount of programs that you start up cause it takeslike 2 mins for mins to start up cause i got like 5 programs that start up in the begining
Great night guys, this is my first time so please go easy on me, I just want to help:D
I believe I have the same problem and I found out was the Norton Antivirus, it takes forever to start (after you boot) and dont let me do it anything...
Once Again
Great Night