• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Why Did I do this????

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey Guys,

I "strolled" into the No-IP website and bought myself a Domain with the noip plus package. Great. Now what do I do with it? Don't ask me why I did it, because I will have no answer. I guess I should build myself a webpage. What is the absolute easiest program out there to build a website page with links? Maybe I can hook up my FTP server to this website page? The ideas are starting to flow, but I would like to put them into paper, I guess. Where should I start??? Thanks in advance. Maybe someone could just give me headsup starting point, that would be cool.

Heeter

1. You need a server to put the stuff on.
2. Point the no-ip to the server IP.
3. Put whatever you like on the server: webserver, FTP-server, CS server, anything.

Heeter

I already have an FTP server online (G6 Server) and a No-IP pointing to it. xxxxx.serveftp.com. No-IP has given me a ftp.xxxxx.com address. No-IP has given me a mail.xxxxxx.com address as well. I downloaded a trial version of CuteSiteBuilder, How can I test that my webpage is online from my own computer? I guess my question is: when i finish working on my page setup, how can I make No-IP know its there?

Thanks in advance....

Heeter

Heeter

sboulema,

with those programs, do you use IIS and or a web serverOS? I guess I am still trying to figure out how to put this page on the internet.

Heeter

There is not "web serverOS", at least not in a normal sense. So, you have made a page? Good. Do you have a server? Is it running some webserver software (IIS, Apache)? Is No-IP pointing to it? Are the pages in the correct folder? If you have a router, is it forwarding port 80 to the server?

Answer yes to all the questions above and it will work. :)

Heeter

Thanks Zedric,

This is what I have: one webpage created with CuteSitebuilder Trail version, My Windows Server2003 beta RC2 Enterprise with IIS installed, No-ip installed on that computer pointing to it. That computer is behind my new router(Linksys BEFSR41). I am forwarding the port80 as we speak. Now is where I get lost.

Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

Heeter

Heeter

I am pretty much limiting myself to trial versions before i buy when it comes to this. I really am only trying to see if i could accomplish this (successfully putting up a webpage on the internet). When it comes a time, and it will, that the trial version of the software is limiting me from accomplishing some tasks, i will purchase the full version at that time. I am pretty much like this with all the software i have bought. Is there a trialversion download site for "Dreamweaver MX"?

Thanks.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi