Why can't I install ATI 4.10

Overclocked Like A Mother
Well I have tried it four times now, to no effect. System keeps rebooting, until the "Last Known Good Config" screen comes up. Then I go back to my original setup. Is it an unstable WindowsXPHome that I don't see? It is slight O/C'ing?

Oh well, back to ATI 3.6

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Folding Team
Political User
try 3.10 or 3.7 if you have not done so already... both of these are pretty stable configs :)

btw not sure why it keeps rebooting...

turn off reboot on error thinger in your control panel > system and try again...
The 4.1 install hosed me so bad I had to re-install a hard disk image. It was my fault. I did not uninstall old catalyst or turn off the background applications.

After the image backup I tried again and disabled all of my background programs but did not do an uninstall of old drivers. It worked fine.

The 4.1 shows no speed or stability improvement over 3.10 but the colors seem to be more "vibrant" in games.

Worth the upgrade.
Just for reference - when you upgrade your drivers for ATi, you are supposed to uninstall the old ones first. It has been known to cause problems if you dont.

edit: Not with the installation of new drivers, but with games.

- geek -
Folding Team
Subscribed User
just go in to control panel .. uninstall drivers and reboot come back install new and good to go no problems at all :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Latest member