L

Leo154

I got a P4 system the other day here are the specs:

p4 1.8GHz 512 cache
Chaintech ES-676B (VIA P4266A)
128MB PC133 CL2
Chaintech GeForce 2 Ti 32MB DDR

Now the problem is that in Q3 I get like 75fps av. on 1024..16bit

I checked wth tom's hardware and even the i845 chipset with SDRAM perfromed like 130fps....

So what is the problem...

Should I get DDR (the mobo supports it)??
Does increasing the memory to 256 really make such a big difference (increase in fps by 60??)
Or is performance held down by the 32MB on the GeForce..
Coz I just dont get it???

Hi Leo,

P4's shine with DDR. Try also shutting down the anti-aliasing as well. That will get your frames up significantly.

Heeter

I agree, DDR will give that Pentium a kick in the pants

According to Tom's Hardware it should perform around 118 fps. Maybe the drivers need updating? Is the AGP set to 4x? Could be the SDR vs. DDR as well.

The test computer at Tom's is faster however. You may not reach 118 fps regardless of how hard you try.

More RAM. I say go for 512 DDR

That should kick the P4 a real kick in the pants.

Also; for graphics card; I think you might want to get like a PNY Geforce 4 64MB 500MHZ version.

yah that system should be fine... but that video card is a bottleneck...

Thanx guys... guess i'll be saving up for those rams... just one Q... i have two slots, can I put in 256 &128 of the same type of memory or do both banks have to have the same quantity of rams???

Later when DOOM 3 comes out or something I'm gonna try and get the GeForce FX. But if the games just run smoothly untill then, then I'm quite happy with my GeForce 2.

:)

Yes, you can mix different sizes of memory as long as they are the same type (SDR, DDR).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back