WHY a fixed page width!!!!????

patrick

OSNN Addict
Alright this is just beyond a joke now.
Only a few months ago the front page here was dynamic and adjusted based on your resolution.

Recently there was a change which left two centimetre margins on either side of my screen. (Still affecting the forums)
It was annoying but I let it slide...

But this is now beyond a joke. What great idea is it to make the news page a fixed 800 pixel width. At 1600×1200 that means that 50% of the screen space is being wasted and not to mention it looks shocking and is difficult to read, making a long column down the very centre of my screen.

I'm sorry to whinge and I wouldn't normally, but please cater for those with a resolution bigger than 800×600...

Patrick

Originally posted by patrick
Alright this is just beyond a joke now.
Only a few months ago the front page here was dynamic and adjusted based on your resolution.

Recently there was a change which left two centimetre margins on either side of my screen. (Still affecting the forums)
It was annoying but I let it slide...

But this is now beyond a joke. What great idea is it to make the news page a fixed 800 pixel width. At 1600×1200 that means that 50% of the screen space is being wasted and not to mention it looks shocking and is difficult to read, making a long column down the very centre of my screen.

I'm sorry to whinge and I wouldn't normally, but please cater for those with a resolution bigger than 800×600...

Patrick

consider changing your style..ie in the user cp you can choose the EXPANDED version of the VS...

for the main page scroll down a little ways and choose the EXPANDED version of the visual style from the dropdown combo box :)

that should fix your 'problem'

:)

Thanks people.
I should never have doubted ntfs.org!
Ah it's so nice to be getting the website back in it's full 1600 pixel glory!
The forums still don't go all the way to the edge of the screen but since it's the same in the lower resolutions I guess it's like that by design.
Just a bit annoying that you have to set the expanded style for each of the news categories pages but hey I can live with it.

Thanks again for the speedy responces.
Patrick

yeah, patrick both fixed and expanded widths were important to me.

Soon using CTRL+mouse wheel will increase the size of the text. I just need to get it so it looks pretty :O

hmm i think i found a new bug, related to this.

1st off i cleared out my temp folder to make sure the cookie wasn't bad.

but, if i change news catagories from the front page, the theme resets to ekko, my default is ekko expanded. I never had this before today :confused:

i just set my preference to expanded in my user cp options, it stays selected as expanded, but opening a new page and its back to ekko

The way vn is, it has different defaults for the different categories.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Soon using CTRL+mouse wheel will increase the size of the text. I just need to get it so it looks pretty :O

This works in the forums. I held down CTRL and moved my mouse wheel back and forth really fast... it was kind of entertaining as the pages reloaded with different text sizes (about 12 times). :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back